Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Up for a new challenge?

Hi everyone!  First I want to say thanks for all the lovely comments yesterday on my T Tuesday post without photos.  Yahoo is still not letting me download my photos, but I will keep trying and update the post anyway as soon as I can!

I thought I would share a new challenge that I came across that is just starting:
The challenge is being hosted by Claudine whose blog is Claudine's Art Corner.  Some of you who are more familiar with the paper crafting blog world may already know her, but her blog is new to me.  After browsing around her blog for awhile her friendliness and talent just oozed out.  I bought a brand new deck of playing cards probably 2 or 3 years ago that I have wanted to alter....and, well, you probably know by now that on some things, I just need a jump start, LOL! Anyway, she will complete 2 cards a week (which I will try plan to keep up with) and has just posted "prepping the cards" so there is plenty of time to join in if you desire.

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Debbie, I want to play, too. I've always wanted to alter a set of playing cards, but every blog I've seen wants you to trade them once they are made. I like this idea better.

One thing I worry about, because I DID check out her blog. She has tons of Tim Holtz stamps and embellishments, so I hope she doesn't expect us to do what she does. I KNOW what I read, but that doesn't mean much since she's already naming brand names, something I only do with Staz-On, since I use it so much.

But I guess I should find 52 playing cards, even though they may not all be from the same pack in the end. Thanks for sharing this.

They Come Along said...

This challenge seems so cool! Can't wait to see what you do.

Valerie-Jael said...

Have fun, looking forward to seeing what you make! Hugs, Valerie

~*~Patty S said...

This looks like fun.
I miss making ATC size creations...it will be extra nice when you have a full deck of altered cards too Debbie!
oxo

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Sorry I missed your previous post - sometime feedly works bad... Anyway- I love this idea about the playing cards and altering them. Sort of metaphoric as we are dealing with the cards given and alter them along as we live.

see you there! said...

I'll check out the challenge. I've wanted to join some kind of challenge but it has to be one I think I can keep up with. Looking forward to what you do with the 52.

Darla

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Ohh this sounds very interesting Deb. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Nicole/Beadwright

Magic Love Crow said...

This sounds really cool Deb!

massofhair said...

I am taking part in this challenge also, looks fantastic! got my playing cards out today and am preparing them later, a week behind but i WILL stay with it.

See you over there :-) xxx