Tuesday, September 9, 2014

T Tuesday Tea Journal

Hi everyone! I think I have finally found a theme for my altered book...after two previous spreads one would think it would have been obvious to me, but no, it took time for me to figure out the direction.  Elizabeth from Altered Book Lover, who of course, is also the host for T Stands For Tuesday suggested that I might be having trouble working in the book because I had not settled on a theme. She assured me as soon as I figured that out, it would get much easier.  She was right! Not that I had any doubt.  I had already taken her free Altered Book Lessons which she so generously keeps up on the sidebar of her blog and was able to complete my first book.  That's what I love about blogging....meeting wonderful, talented, generous people!

Without further ado, here is the next page in my Tea Journal:
I started out with black gesso that I swirled to resemble brains.  No metaphor here, as my thoughts are mostly always happy and light-hearted! I didn't have pink gesso, although I suppose I could have tinted the white.  Moving on...Hopefully, you can see the flow of the quote "Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept".  I used some Tim Holtz letters for the word, "Tea", cut the key from a tea packet, the tea spout from a magazine and the head from a piece of random scrapbook paper in my stash.  The rest is acrylic paint, and I tried to illustrate some of the things always floating around in my thoughts. The white is an Inkssentials pen which I was still not 100% satisfied with, although it was much better than some I have tried.  It still left an empty stripe down the center of the line; perhaps I pushed too hard. So as for the theme?  Tea related quote, poem, lyric, book line, picture if I get really stuck, LOL! etc. with at least one element made out of a bag, tea packet, tag, etc. 

Running to do some errands....Post Office, Bank, Library and then hope to get on with some of the challenges I've recently joined.  I feel like I am back in the swing of things--tea will do that to me!

Happy T Day and thanks for visiting!

14 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Fabulous spread in your new altered book Debbie...super details and that black gesso works great for the background.
I like the Signo white gel pen better than the brand you're using which I also have...but I get so frustrated at having pens half full of ink that will not write!
The water based Sharpie markers work well on paint and some people use white out pens too?
Challenges are a great way to spark creativity aren't they!
Happy T Day
oxo

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

A great spread!! And I am looking forward to see your altered tea journal. An interesting theme!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love you journal spread, and the swirly black brains - what a wonderful idea! My brain runs on coffee! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm like Valerie. My brain runs on coffee. But I sure like your tea inspired AB. "It's in the bag." And I'm glad you picked a theme, too.

Love what you did with this spread. I've never owned black gesso. I have enough trouble finding white that is any good. Speaking of white pens, I can't recommend one, since I've never owned one.

As for the challenges, I feel like a fish out of water with the latest challenge you MADE ME join. OK, not made me, but still. I have NONE of the products she used this week or for next week. I don't see me getting very far in her APC class.

see you there! said...

Glad you found a theme for your AB, I think Elizabeth is right that one is necessary. This spread if very creative, looking forward to more.

Darla

Linda Kunsman said...

love your journal spread! Looks like the theme has you completely inspired to create now. I use a uniball Signo pen. I order them from Jet Pens online and I have a handful of colors besides white , including some metallic and they are a dream!! Happy t day to you!

Linda Kunsman said...

love your journal spread! Looks like the theme has you completely inspired to create now. I use a uniball Signo pen. I order them from Jet Pens online and I have a handful of colors besides white , including some metallic and they are a dream!! Happy t day to you!

TwinkleToes2day said...

I really like your spread and how how you swilred the black gesso. It looks like steam. A very clever page. I swear by my white signo uniball, but also like the posca pens. Happy T Day :D

Krisha said...

How funny, I have a tea/coffee journal going too.......great minds and all that!

I think you journal entry is fabulous!

Happy T-day

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day! I love a good black gesso page and this one is SUPER!! What a creative idea for this page and the theme of your book. Looking forward to seeing lots more of Tea related pages.
Have a good week and thanks for sharing.

Dianne said...

Really fun pages! love the phrase...but I think mine is kept where the coffee is...clears out the brain fog! happy T day!

Robyn said...

Ahh... a tea journal. I think the head looks a bit like a tea pot!

jinxxxygirl said...

Love this page Debbie! Finding a great white pen is like a treasure hunt...i have yet to find any i'am happy with or last for very long...sigh..... Sorry i'm late for T...you know life gets in the way sometimes! Hugs! deb

Magic Love Crow said...

So cool Deb! This is going to be so much fun! I loved the other book you did! Boy, you have been busy! Hugs ;o)