Tuesday, September 30, 2014

T Stands For Tuesday-More Tea Art

Hi Everyone!  Well, the sun is taking a break today, but I really cannot complain as it has been beautiful the last few day and warm.  Please excuse the photos as they are not the best. I'm linking up with Bleubeard and Elizabeth  today with another page in my Tea Quote Book.
This page came to me after I found this quote by CS Lewis: "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."  The shelves of books are being held up by giant tea cups.  I used some wood grain scrapbook paper for the backgrounds.  The shelves were actually a scrapbook paper of cement steps to which I added the wood grain.
A careful slit before I glued the shelves down allowed me to tuck in these tiny books--of course, they are craft books.  Have you ever seen those advertisements years ago that came in craft magazines?  Buy 3 books for $1 each and then you had to purchase "x" many more in the coming year?  While, flipping through an old magazine, I came upon one of those tear-out advertisements and knew it would be perfect.
I added the tea tag hanging out of one of the cups to keep with my sub-theme of using some part of a tea bag or packaging as part of the page.

Happy T Day and thank you for stopping by!  I really appreciate all of your comments and helpful suggestions!


15 comments:

see you there! said...

What a clever spread in your T book. You made use of so many goodies and I do like the quote.

Darla

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Wow that is fabulous. I love how you made the slit to tuck the tea cup under. Very clever.
Have a great day today
Nicole/Beadwright

Ariel said...

This is such a brilliant idea! Love those books on the shelf-:)
Have a great week
Susan

Dianne said...

These pages are brilliant! Love the quote, and especially the little books! perfect for E's T party...have a great day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Everything about this spread screams FUN, enjoyable, and great recycling. The idea that you were able to use some of those cut out books (yes, I've even used them before, but nothing as clever as yours) made my day. I'm simply LOVING this theme for your new AB.

Had to laugh at the comment you left about my painting. Your mind truly thinks outside the box.

Thanks for sharing this adorable spread with us for T this Tuesday.

Halle said...

Awesome pages. Love the book shelves you created.
Happy Tuesday!

Rita said...

This is just so cute!! Love that quote and how you added the tea bag to one of the cups.
Happy T-Day! :)

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

I wish it was real - it almost looks real!!! Love this Debbie!!

Nancy said...

What a great idea for these pages :)
Happy T day :)

They Come Along said...

Wow your mind in amazing Debbie! So lovely and nice touch how you tucked those books in there.

Divers and Sundry said...

Wonderful quote, and a perfect illustration of it. :)

massofhair said...

So many little fabulous touches to your pages, love the little books and the background. This is one of my favourite makes of yours :-) xxx

Krisha said...

Great quote and wonderful pages. I really like your shelves.

Thanks for the visit and the super nice comment

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, and a great quote, I love CS Lewis' books! Hugs, Valerie

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, you are amazing and so clever and so creative! Great pages!!! I love the little books on the shelf! Thanks for the smile ;o)