Thursday, September 25, 2014

APC Week 4

Hi Everyone! Time for the next set of playing cards in Claudine's Art Corner! This week the theme seemed to be houses and shopping.  You can visit the link above or in my sidebar to see Claudine's awesome examples and there are links to the facebook page where you can see everyone's art.  This is the only place you will see mine since I don't do much with FB or other social sites.
These were fun to make even if I did not have similar stamps or dies to cut.  Before there were machines, there were hands and scissors, so, with the exception of the flamingo, I drew and cut out everything myself.
For the first card I made the background very similar to Claudine's except I turned my "dots" in swirly roses.  The clouds and houses were all cut out of different pieces of scrapbook paper, and the "welcome" came out of a catalog I received in the mail.
Do you remember how I said I am learning something new each week?  Well, this week's lesson is that I must use a Permanent ink pad if I am going to stamp.  I originally stamped the flamingo and planned to color it in when it was dry.  After gluing the house parts down, I put this between wax paper and put it in between some books to dry.  Imagine my surprise when I took it out and it was a smeary mess! Yes, this was even after the tip given to me by Massofhair to let each layer dry before moving on.

Since you only get one chance at a card, and I need this 8 of diamonds, I stamped another flamingo on a separate piece of paper, let it dry, cut it out and put it over the other. Looks a little like a shadow, huh?  Yeah, I meant to do that!

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Claudine Criner said...

These are both just great, I love that you made a craft store and the flamingo is awesome!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your cards, they are lovely. Good that you are learning more each time! I only use archival for stamping outlines these days as I have so often smeared everything! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Well I think you did an amazing job. I love your hand cut outs. The card is fabulous.
Nicole/Beadwright

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

I also love the hand cut you did. And the shadow in the flamingo is simply perfect!!

see you there! said...

You turned the original flamingo problem into a great rescue. I think that bit of shadow gives the whole thing depth.

Darla

They Come Along said...

Both are excellent! Love that flamingo.

massofhair said...

WOW you have made two beautiful APC this week, loving the theme and the craft store is brilliant. I like the flamingo shadow, looks perfect to me:-) xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had to laugh at the comment about before there were dies. I need to use that one, too. I can't imagine having dies for EVERYTHING, just like I can't imagine have stamps for everything.

You covered the faux pas of the flamingo nicely. Had you not told us, no one would have known.

And of course, your lovely playing cards are perfect examples of what you can achieve the "old fashioned" way. Rock on, Debbie!!

Magic Love Crow said...

LOL! Of course you meant to do that ;o) Everything happens for a reason ;o) There are no accidents ;o) I love the both of these! Very creative Deb and so much fun! Hugs ;o)

Lyneen said...

Love your cards... thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog!

ionabunny said...

These are fantastic. Great shadow on the flamingo LOL. No really, joking aside I like your flamingo. It's cute. Love your rose clouds. Two fab cards. Hugz