Wednesday, September 10, 2014

APC Week 2

Hi Everyone! I'm playing along with Claudine's Art Corner's Altered Playing Card Challenge. This is week 2 where we are showing our first set of two cards we created.  I am going to say before I show mine that although I have a large stash of many different images, stickers, stamps, rub-ons, inks, pens, etc., I don't own many of the specific brands Claudine used in her examples.  I also am using her examples as a guide to making the cards my own.
Here are my first two cards!  I am very pleased with how they came out.  For these two I used regular craft paint--I did learn that the thicker based paint hold up better on the card.  When I was adding the rub-ons to the first card, some of the paint scrapped off, and I had to go back and repair it. I prepped them with gesso, but may try sanding the next cards to see if the paint sticks better.
 After the craft paint was dry, I added a birdhouse border that came from a rub-on sheet from Stencil-Ro.  The letters were also rub-ons from EK Success, and the bumble bee I cut from an Artsy Collage Nature sheet from HOTP.
This cute fairy came from the same HOTP Collage booklet as the bumblebee. I used a Ranger embossing pen and some gold WOW embossing powder to do the words and the rays of the star.


I am not sure if it proves anything for me to list all the products/brands I used, since (a) I have no intention of selling these, (b) I'm not part of any design team and have not received any of the supplies for free, and (c)I'm sure everyone out there is more experienced than me since I am not a scrapbooker and  am only a newbie mixed media fan.  Should there be anything you are particularly interested in knowing about....please feel free to ask!

Thanks for the inspiration, Claudine!



7 comments:

Claudine Criner said...

Your first cards are great, so glad you are joining in on this challenge!!

massofhair said...

LOVING your cards they are awesome! Have decided to join in with Claudine's background colours each week and then add my own designs as i don't own a lot of her supplies either.

Have followed your Blog as it's easier for me than RSS feed option. Should have done this ages ago, sorry i didn't think to follow before, DOH! :-) xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

These are really gorgeous, you will have a wonderful collection when you are finished! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

GREAT job with the first two cards. I am very impressed. I like both of these. You are going to do fine in this challenge.

BTW, I seldom tell the name of the product I'm using, but often show the product itself. Since I'm not being paid to tout their products, I don't feel obligated to mention them. Most of my stuff is cheap and often recycled or has been given to me. Just as you are learning mixed media, however, I am learning how to stamp.

see you there! said...

I like both cards, I'm enjoying the challenge and following along with both you and Elizabeth.

Darla

ionabunny said...

These are great. Love the fairy and colours.

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, you are doing great with these!
I love them! Very special!
Your are a talented crafty moose ;o)
Hugs ;o)