Tuesday, August 5, 2014

T Tuesday-A Walk Around The Lake

Hi everyone! Time to link up with Elizabeth aka Altered Book Lover to chat about what is new in our world.  Here is this week's link if you'd like to catch up with everyone or join us.

This week I am taking everyone on a little outing.  I actually went yesterday and walked for 1 1/2 hours around the lake, and even though this post is photo heavy, I promise to keep the commentary light so it does not take you 1 1/2 hours to read it! So lets get started!
I can't believe I was up before the ducks!  Everybody! Into the water!
Ah, that's better! I'll be right in!
This tree has a lot of character--I wonder if it was hit by lightening or disease?
I love the reflection on the water--it is even more beautiful in Autumn when the trees are wearing their colorful leaves!
There is a walking path a good way around on our side of the lake. You can see the road on the left. Residents are allowed to keep their registered rowboats, sailboats and canoes near the waterside. Since our water flows into the New York City (we are 60 miles away)water system, no power boats, jet skis or other powered craft are allowed.  Makes for a more quiet environment, too.
I found this turtle enjoying the morning sun.  He looks like he is in a yoga pose!
I love this weeping willow.  I see a face looking into the water as he gently tests the temperature with his branchy fingertips!
This is the end of the lake nearest us. It is hard to tell, but way behind that point of rocks is the other short side of the lake which borders the "major" 2 lane, 1 traffic light road through town.
I tried to get a photo of our resident crane, but he was in stealth mode and I only caught this photo by luck. And now, as I am sure you are thirsty....here is what I came home to:

A nice cool glass of fresh brewed Hibiscus Watermelon iced tea! Happy T Day, and thanks for stopping by! Hope I didn't tire you with all the photos!








19 comments:

see you there! said...

What a beautiful area to walk in. You know my morning routine, I'd be out there every day. Will have to look for the tea you show, I like hibiscus teas but never tried one with watermelon.

Darla

Divers and Sundry said...

I enjoyed the peaceful walk around your lake. Thx!

Eliza said...

What a beautiful place to live and my favorite tree weeping willows. I enjoyed every single photo thanks for sharing the tea does sound lovely too.

Hugs Eliza

~*~Patty S said...

Never too many photos in my view...
they tell stories that I find most enjoyable...
What a beautiful place to spend time and I can just imagine the autumn leaves reflected in the water...
very beautiful anytime of year I'm sure!
The Willow reaching down to the water and the profile I saw too on the tree trunk...
you got some wonderful photos...
thanks very much for sharing them
Happy T Day...your drink sure looks refreshing
oxo

Halle said...

You have a lovely walking path. I can see how it would be easy to spend lots of time walking and not even realize it. Love how you describe the weeping willow. Very poetic.

jinxxxygirl said...

Watermelon tea... fascinating! Gorgeous photos! Thanks so much for sharing....Hugs! deb

Valerie-Jael said...

It was wonderful to take a walk with you around the lake, love the photo of the tortoise, too - not something we see around here! Your cup of tea looks like a great reward, too. Hugs, Valerie

Dianne said...

oh what lovely photos! I do enjoy a nice walk through a park looking at flowers and trees...your tea sounds wonderful. I may have to look for that flavor. It's a beautiful pink! happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw the face in the weeping willow, too, dear. What a great post. You are a fantastic tour guide, and your photos are superb. Loved the flowers and tea at the end, too. Sounds like a perfect morning walk.

My suggestion. The next time you have to take DD back to NYC, use your row boat. You'll get there faster, and have fewer tickets (grin).

Thanks for sharing your lovely walk, flowers, and TEA this Tuesday.

Krisha said...

It didn't take ling to see the face either. LOVE all the pictures. I think I would walk EVERYDAY with such a beautiful place to walk in. Thanks for sharing.
Happy T-day

Super Stamp Girl said...

I love posts that are long on photos but short on words! It's nice to just enjoy them and dream. In which case, your morning walks are a beautiful place to dream AND see fun wildlife. I'm a turtle lover myself. They are just so pre-historic looking I think. They always remind me of when dinosaurs roamed!! They are like a creature time forgot.

TwinkleToes2day said...

What a beautiful area! I chuckled at the turtle doing his yoga and I love the tea image at the end. Such pretty colours :D

TwinkleToes2day said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
froebelsternchen Susi said...

A wonderful walk to enjoy!
Thank you for sharing!

Ariel said...

The photos are all beautiful. I especially love the weeping willow. It is so awesome. Your lovely drink is making me thirsty.
Have a lovely week

Rita said...

No, didn't tire me at all. Wonderful, peaceful walk...even with turtle. I could see the face in the willow tree when you mentioned it. Happy T-Day! :)

Magic Love Crow said...

You live in a gorgeous area Deb! Wow! I would love to walk around with you everyday! So beautiful! That turtle made me smile ;o) Hibiscus Watermelon sounds so good!! Yummy!!!
(Sorry I am late coming around! Saw Mr. Ray yesterday! Nothing happened! There is just something there! LOL! Trying to keep myself going, to not think about it! LOL!)

sheila 77 said...

What a delightful walk and thank-you for the commentary along the way, which made it even more interesting.

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I love the baby ducks and whats up with that turtle, Why does he have a yellow back? What kind is it? Loved the walk around the lake. I also liked your new violets. Always love the violets. Everyone admires those on my table.
Janice