Monday, August 4, 2014

CB 15 Mind & Ignorance

Hi Everyone!  The prompts for challenge #15 of The Craft Barn's Quotes and Lyrics Challenge are mind and/or ignorance.  Once again, I found the quote I wanted to use right away for my ATC, but the illustration idea didn't come until yesterday.  The quote I chose is one from St. Jerome: "The face is the mirror of the mind and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart."
I don't know if you can tell, but I cut out some of the face and replaced it with a piece of mirror paper.  The image was of course high-jacked borrowed from Michelangelo's David. I added an eye and the "raspberry" heart.

Thanks for visiting and for all the lovely comments you have been leaving.  They encourage me to keep going, and I truly appreciate each and every one!



17 comments:

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Debbie this is fabulous!!! I didn't know that was mirror so I am glad you mentioned it. That aspect makes the art piece even more intriguing.
Nicole/Beadwright

Valerie-Jael said...

This is absolutely and totally fantastic - LOVE it! Hugs, Valerie

thassos456 said...

Fab page and love the mirror :)

see you there! said...

I like it very much and think your use of the mirror was very clever indeed.

Darla

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The art work tells the story even before you read the quote. This is simply STUNNING!!

Gloria said...

Great quote and your card is spot on. Keep on keeping on!!!

Elaine said...

I love the quote you have chosen and a great depiction too.

Elaine said...

I love the quote you have chosen and a great depiction too.

Elaine said...

I love the quote you have chosen and a great depiction too.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Wow, Debbie, this is amazing! It really grabs the attention. What a fabulous depiction. I hope this is the weeks winner, it deserves to be.

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog and Wee Man says, 'Thank you very much. Big hugs from Wee Man" :-D

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, that's a very artsy page.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love this Deb! Very creative! The quote is so true! Big Hugs ;o)

butterfliecrafter said...

I immediately saw the mirror, even without reading it, very cleverly done.

Scrapmate said...

This a fabulous and well thought out page for your chosen quotation.

Fiona Spain said...

Excellent

gardenpinks said...

Very cleverly done and so apt with the quote.

maggie said...

Your atc is so well thought out and beautifully executed.