Tuesday, July 8, 2014

T(ea) Stands For Tuesday

Hi Everyone! It's T(ea) time again, or as the latest page in my altered book states, "It's always tea time"! 
I have been hoarding saving these Alice in Wonderland Tea envelopes/tags that my daughter brought home from when she studied in Oxford a few summers ago until I felt I could do them justice.  I came across the other images in an old children's book that I found at a library book sale. The lovely British flag banner came on a package from my friend, Valerie.
Antique linen and Vintage photo distress inks were used for the background to achieve a tea color.  I was going to try real tea bags, but a quick trial with this mornings blend (English Breakfast) was not dark enough.
I stamped in the light (antique linen) circles with a clear stamp I found tucked away in a drawer--it's amazing what I come across!  The ink is black, even though it looks more purple--in real life, too.  That is not a bad thing! On the other side of an extra tea tag I cut out the Mad Hatter's hat & added it to this guy stirring the cup.  The quote is, of course, the Mad Hatter's also.
Here is the White Rabbit checking the time, although we all know, "It is always tea time"!
Last, but not least....

A slightly evil-looking Cheshire Cat.  Thanks for stopping by today to see my tea post.  If you would like to visit Elizabeth and all the other wonderful artists, here is this week's link. Elizabeth has some fun planned for next week--but you'll have to visit her for the details.



22 comments:

see you there! said...

I'm a sucker for all things Alice in Wonderland so this delighted me. I still have my illustrated book from my childhood - and that was many, many years ago.

Darla

Dianne said...

ALWAYS love me some Alice in Wonderland art! so cute and you did a terrific job with the tea-colored inks. I didn't actually remember this quote, but it's so appropriate...enjoy your Tuesday! and your tea...:)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Bleubeard is laughing at the Cheshire Cat. And I'm LOVING this spread. Such attention to detail, with the flags and the various images from an old book. And of course, the tea envelopes and tags you used are the icing on the cake. Simply awesome. So does this mean you found a theme for your latest AB?

Thanks for sharing this tea time spread for T this week. And thanks for being so good about sharing, too. I just recently got into Alice, so these are truly lovely images.

jinxxxygirl said...

Love this!! Mad Hatter Tea how awesome is that?! I love what you did with it! Perfect! Hugs!deb

Robyn said...

Lovely pages! Do think about joining my new blog Poetry Journal monthly. There are prizes.

http://poetryjournalmonthly.blogspot.com/2014/07/we-pray-for-childrenpoetry-journal.html

Krisha said...

What a darling Tea post this week! Who doesn't like Alice in Wonderland?

Thanks for the visit to my blog and the wonderful comment.

Nancy said...

Love your post--precious tea bags :) your book is lovely!
Happy tea day to you :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your tea time pages, and good that you saved all those bits and bobs! Hugs, Valerie

Eliza said...

I so love Alice in wonderland stuff and the white rabbit and the mad hatter, your layouts are brilliant thanks for sharing.

Happy Tuesday
Hugs Eliza

~*~Patty S said...

Your Alice tea time pages are super...fun details and the perfect home for the special tea envies from your daughter.
Those inks made perfect tea stained pages too.
Happy T Day
oxo

Flowermouse Design said...

I always want a good cup of tea when I read your posts!! So nice that you used tea memories from your daughter!! And the grin on the cat is priceless.

Rita said...

There's a kind of creepy fascination with Alice and her adventure mates. ;)
Happy T-Day! :)

Linda K said...

marvelous pages!! Love the English banner of flags along with that special smile on the kitty's face :)

Deborah Weber said...

Wonderful pages. And Mad Hatter Tea sounds marvelous.

Halle said...

Super Fun!! Love these pages...
Too funny that we were on the same page...no pun intended...today with the Mad Hatter.

Vicki Miller said...

I love alice in wonderland things like this, all the old vintage pictures I remember from my own books. I am not a fan of any of the modern alice images, try googling and you will see what I mean.
Great T page!

Bridget Larsen said...

That journal page is coming along great, I'm not really an Alice fan but I love what other people do with it
Bridget #1

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your Alice in Wonderland pictures and that evil-looking Cheshire Cat. lol It _is_ always tea time. :)

Myriam Kozik said...

Happy T-Day!
Love the Mad Hatters Tea Party. Lovely spread you have made. Those are great tea envelops ... they are definitely keepers.

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day a little late. What a pretty page and perfect for today. Love the colors and theme!
Thanks for sharing and have a great week.

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, fantastic! Very creative! I love the Mad Hatter tea envelopes! That is so cool! Big Hugs ;o)

Gloria said...

Combining a memento and a love for tea in one- your pages came together terrifically. A true hoarder wouldn't have used them, lol. Now if I can use some of my saved things too ...