Tuesday, July 15, 2014

T Stands For Tuesday Anniversary

T stands for Tuesday is one today!  Big thanks go to Elizabeth (and Bleubeard, of course) for organizing, inspiring, and encouraging me along the way. This week she has requested we dig back into our old posts and re-post a favorite.  I now see the benefit of (a) either putting more in the title or  (b) remembering to tag, neither of which I've done. However, I know that my favorites have been those where I try something new.  So here is mine, originally posted August 27, 2013...


Hi Everyone! It's time to join Elizabeth and Bluebeard our wonderful hosts for T Tuesday!  As you may have figured out by now, you do not have to drink tea to join in the fun.  Just talk about or show anything you'd like, include any beverage in your photo, link up, and have fun visiting all the other participants.  Here is the link for this week's post.

I was inspired by posts on Scrap Happens Here and Bastelmania to create something I had never tried before...Twinchies!  If you don't already know these two talented artists, trust me, a visit will be well worth your time.  I did some research on Twinchies and found that the only criteria is that they measure 2" x 2".  I decided to make a collection with an animal theme, again using just what I have on hand.  Here are my first three along with my afternoon cup of Darjeeling tea:
 A little closer up:
I cut 2 x 2 inch pieces from the back of a watercolor tablet and added some scraps of paper. The little hedgehog was in an advertisement that I saved from the trash. I used a gold paint pen to darken the edges.
For this one, I wiped, then swiped the card on an orange ink pad so it bled onto the paper.  I added a feather mane and some orange sparkle glue, and the gem on the top left is a matching bright orange (gifted to me by Bastelmania).
This solid pink background was actually the reverse side of a patterned piece of paper. I like it for its texture which is hard to see in the photo, but not really for the color.  I added some washi tape and a decorative corner.  By the time I backed the bear and added his flower crown, most of the background was covered up so I liked it better.   Now I have to do a little more research to figure out how I might bind these or create some sort of folder.  Thanks Annette and Valerie for the inspiration!
Thanks for joining me for T on Tuesday!















22 comments:

Halle said...

Tiny works of art are so hard!! You made them look easy.
Happy Tuesday.

~*~Patty S said...

What a great post...
your twinchies are each fab and seeing them more than once is still not enough...
Happy T Day
and here's to continued fun and sharing
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm delighted to see you posted this today. Seems we both honored Annette in one way or another. Her art is fabulous, isn't it? I can see how you took inspiration from what she did.

Twinchies are HARD to make, but not quite as bad as Inchies. If it's smaller than 5 X 7 (inches), I'm usually a total failure. But YOURS were gorgeous then, and still.

Thanks for sharing your art with us for this special T edition.

see you there! said...

I too find little things somewhat difficult. You did such a good job on these. Hope to see you for T next Tuesday and the rest of year 2.

Darla

Divers and Sundry said...

Delightful! There's something special about tiny pieces. Happy T Day :)

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your sweet twinchies!It's always good to try something new! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Krisha said...

2" x 2" can really test your creativity, ....and patience, but sometimes the small size turns out some fantastic art......Like YOURS! I do love giraffes, so he stold my heart.
Happy T-day

Linda K said...

I adore your animal themed twinchies! It's been quite a long time since I've done any-used to do swaps through ARTchix Studio.Happy T day!

jinxxxygirl said...

Love seeing your Twinchies! I just cannot seem to work that small..Postcard size is about as small as i get. Yours are lovely! What patience you must have to work that small! Thanks so much for sharing from your archive. Since i'm new to T Day its all new to me! Hugs! deb

Denise Price said...

Great repost! It makes me want to try making twinchies.

Happy T Day! :)

Hettie said...

Awww! Loving your twinchies there. This is so fun for me being a relative newbie here. I get to see posts from before my time here!
Happy Tuesday.
Hugs
xx

Flowermouse Design said...

Happy tuesday - and that post really is lovely. I so love that bear!!!

Nan G said...

Love your Twinchies! Happy T day. Hugs

Rita said...

Hard to believe a year has gone by this fast!
Happy T-Day anniversary! :)

Ariel said...

I have heard of inchies but not twinchies. They look so tiny and cute.
Happy T day
Susan

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day!! I remember this post and LOVED IT SO MUCH!! I wanted to try those twinchies and never did. So glad that I have done some inchies recently and thought to make some twinchies next, now after seeing yours I will have to for sure.

They are still so adorable now as they were then. Great post for this special occasion.

Have a great week and thanks for sharing.

Ohhh Snap said...

Such adorable twinchies : D.

Bridget Larsen said...

hahaha i got distracted by your links and went off to see the twinchies which are absolutely gorgeous
Bridget #4

Robyn said...

I wasn't here, so fun to see for the first time!
Here's to another year of T4!

Dianne said...

I love twinchies! these are so cute...lovely! happy T anniversary!

Gloria said...

All three are so cute, you put lots of detail into them. The giraffe with the spotted background and mane is lovely and I still think the bear is wearing a hat/plate of cookies- I'm hungry! Enjoying all your work.
<3

Magic Love Crow said...

I love these guys Deb! I am so happy you've showed them again ;o) They are adorable ;o) Big Hugs ;o)