Friday, July 11, 2014

SOC 4 Week 5

Hi Everyone!  It is hard to believe this is the 5th week of Summer of Color hosted by Kristen of Twinkle Twinkle.  She has done a great job of inspiring us every Monday with a new color combination!  This week it is red, royal blue, and a pop of light blue.  It took me all week to come up with this simple, silly idea.  When stuck, I always return to my favorite theme...the sea!
I don't know if you can see it in the photo, but I basecoated the mermaid's tail with light blue before I added the sequins. I gave Mr. Starfish a light blue sign, too!

Thanks for visiting! Have a happy, creative weekend everyone!

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I LOVE it, what a clever idea! Hugs, Valerie

sheila 77 said...

This is really amusing and so well done, I love your little starfish saying "Hi".

helena said...

inspired subject for these colours - lovely piece

massofhair said...

Ooooh i love your use of the blue sequins (they seem to be very popular at the moment).

Fantastic use of this weeks colours,hello little starfish! :-) xxx

Linda K said...

sooo cute and clever!

Cindy McMath said...

This made me Smile. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, this is so cute ;o) Makes me happy ;o)
Summer is going by too fast! It's weird this year. It doesn't even feel like summer to me!
I wanted to say, thanks for always giving me such kind comments on my art ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Those are SEQUINS? When I first saw them, I thought they were marbles. This is one tiny piece you created. And of course, I'm in awe of your ability to adhere these tiny bits so flawlessly. You did a FANTASTIC job, and I adore the tiny starfish, too. Great take on this week's colors.

Gloria said...

So sweet! I like the sense of size and proportion with the little starfish on the tail, good choice using the sequins. I like the sea theme, too. <3

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love your adorable entry to this week's SOC challenge! It is fun and absolutely fabulous, and very creative, too!!!

sparkle100-havealook.blogspot.com said...

oh a great entry. I am new and I did enter .

I am been commenting on names I see who have put entries in.

Oh I like yours.

So different but awesome!


Carol Ann

Kristin said...

xo

IrelandBrady said...

Tooooo sweet! <2 it!

Caz said...

awww this is so much fun :-) I love Mr Starfish, he is so sweet and the button mermaid tail really adds some texture!