Thursday, July 3, 2014

SOC 4 Week 4

It would have been so easy to just bead up a flower for this week's luscious SOC color prompt.  I mean, Pink, Apple Green and a splash of Dark Green are natural flower colors, right?  But, I really wanted to challenge myself and do something that I may not do so often, or even well for that matter.
I  drew a simple fantasy tree and used my pan watercolors to color it in.  I had hoped the quote would smear or fade out a little more to give a more ethereal look, but I chickened out and let the watercolor card dry out too much for this effect, because I didn't want to ruin it.  The quote is my own.

If you have a chance, stop by and see all the wonderful art created this week.

Tomorrow is a holiday in the USA, so Happy 4th to all my American friends.  Have a happy creative weekend and stay safe if traveling!


22 comments:

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Wow Deb I didn't know you did water color. Very nice!!
Nicole/Beadwright

massofhair said...

Love what you have created this week, a fantastic use of this weeks colours :-) xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are SO talented. I adore your fantasy flower. Of course, it would HAVE to be a flower. It's simply wonderful.

Cindy McMath said...

This is so pretty! Great use of this week's colours.

sheila 77 said...

It's a very intriguing fantasy tree, wouldn't it be fun to find one of these in the garden. Maybe they would be quite little. I like your quote very much too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your SOC piece is gorgeous, great quote too. My arm is now in a plaster cast! Hugs, Valerie

Laila said...

Charming little phantasy tree in this weeks colors.

Linda K said...

this is so lovely Deb!

IrelandBrady said...

I really like your saying, it is how I oft feel.

Sharon Fritchman said...

So beautiful and such a wonderful sentiment, too! I just love the way you used this week's colors!

Magic Love Crow said...

This is so pretty Deb ;o) I love it ;o) I love your quote too ;o) I am always in a dream world! LOL!
Happy 4th of July ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Christine said...

Pretty piece for SOC this week!

helena said...

beautiful piece

Gloria said...

I'd like to see you do a book of these dream flowers and quotes. This is beautiful!

Happy 4th my friend.

Flowermouse Design said...

I love the color combination and the fantasy flowers. And the quote is beautiful - and I like that it stands out like that!! Happy 4th of July!!!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Your flower is ever so pretty Debbie and the quote one many of us can relate to I'm sure. Well I know I can ;)
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog post :D

Virginia said...

Beautiful

see you there! said...

Great watercolor. I can't believe it would have been easier to bead up a flower - but then I don't bead so there you go.

Darla

Kristin said...

xo

Christine said...

very nice! I think beading would be harder for most other people!

Caz said...

This is so sweet and I love the quote!

Denise Price said...

I like your idea of a fantasy tree. Did you ever read _The Lorax_ by Dr. Seuss? Your tree reminds me a bit of the trees from that book.

Happy (Belated) 4th of July!