Friday, July 18, 2014

Ladybug, Butterfly, and Lilies

Hi Everyone!  The weather is beautiful here in upstate New York. Warm days and cool nights are just the best! I've been taking advantage of the low humidity days to get the kitchen finished--I think I've spent more time waiting for paint to dry lately than actually doing anything.  In between the challenges I have been participating in, I have managed to complete a few beaded projects.
This is the time of year when our orange Day Lilies bloom and I can never resist making them in beads! This is an arrangement of five in which I took a little liberty and added tortoise shell colors for the stamen tips.
I made a lavender and gray lily for the third week of Summer of Color when the colors were lavender, gray and a pop of plum.  I liked this combination so much that I made two more flowers for a small, simple arrangement. 

After making a ladybug suncatcher as a custom order, a couple of people suggested I make ladybug plant sticks, so I gave it a try:
I am happy with the way it turned out and will keep this new design in the inventory of my shop.

Thanks for visiting! Have a happy creative weekend!


6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, they are ALL gorgeous, well done! Hugs, Valerie

sheila 77 said...

Your 3D flowers are amazing, they would look really good in a special vase. Love your ladybirds too (that's what we call them here, I think they are the same thing).

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, you are still working on your kitchen? Girl, you are working too hard!!! I hope it's all going well ;o)
I love when we have cool nights ;o)
Your latest creations are the best! Loving the lady bug!!!! Might have to get in touch with you ;o) LOL!
And, your flowers are beautiful ;o) Love the purple combination ;o)
Big Hugs ;o)

Gloria said...

Deb, your lilies are stunning, just perfect and the tortoise shell is just right. Ladybugs/Ladybirds bring good luck I heard. Yours might get the paint to dry faster- they're lovely.

I have not begun to paint, the weather is uncooperative or my injuries are- the stars need to align for any big jobs to get done, lol. I think after summer is over there will be a whirlwind of activity and then a collapse!

Show pictures when you get it done, it'll be beautiful.

~*~Patty S said...

Your beaded flowers and lady bugs are all so very beautiful!!!

Exciting that you are at the painting stage in your kitchen and wonderful to have lower humidity too...we are enjoying a stretch here in N VA as well...ahhh relief from the usual hot and sticky summer days

oxo

Flowermouse Design said...

Oh gosh - waiting for paint to dry... Well, hope you relax doing that :-) I love your work and that you mix the colors in the beads. That make the flowers and the lady bug come to life in a way. Impressing work!!!! We are having the warmest summer here - so nice!!!