Sunday, July 20, 2014

Craft Barn Challenge 14 Imagination and Logic

Hi Everyone! Well, here we are on the 14th week of the Craft Barn Quotes and Lyric Challenge.  The words this fortnight are Imagination and/or Logic.   Go here to visit the beautiful samples by the DT and participants.

As soon as I came across this quote from George Bernard Shaw, I knew it was the one I was going to use.  The quote touched me so deeply that I did not want anything to compete with the words.  I did a very quick watercolor wash and used some rub on designs that jumped out of a drawer.
Thanks for stopping by!  I'm off to visit as many people as I can this week!

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is very beautiful, and I love the quote! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I've been MIA. I've had computer problems. But I'm here now, and I love the bugs and flowers you created below.

Back to Craft Barn, though. This is a gorgeous piece, and I have trouble believing those rabbits just jumped out of the drawer on their own (grin). Still, they (and the flowers) compliment the quote beautifully.

massofhair said...

Can see why these words touched you so deeply as i can also relate to the quote. Great rub ons and wonderful hand writing:-) xxx

kaybee said...

Fabulous quote. Such a pretty page.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A great quote and a fabulous page.

Flowermouse Design said...

That quote touched my heart. And the page is so magic and wonderful. Such great work!!

Elaine said...

Its a beautiful quote and should definitely be the centrepiece of your design. Love those pretty flowers too!

Julie Wheatman said...

A very pretty piece with the quote taking centre stage as it rightly should.

Magic Love Crow said...

This is brilliant Deb! I love these words! And, I love how you put it all together ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Fiona Spain said...

This is a lovely quote and page. You are right the words are great.

Gloria said...

+1 what has been said upstream!

Your bunnies are old fashioned adorable, too.

Agree with the quote, just implementing takes practice for me. Hopefully, sooner...

Craftyfield said...

The bunnies and flowers make a lovely frame for that thoughtful quote.

gardenpinks said...

This is a beautiful piece and the flowers and bunnies perfectly frame the quote.

gardenpinks said...

This is a beautiful piece and the flowers and bunnies perfectly frame the quote.