Tuesday, June 17, 2014

T Stands for Thanks and PainTing

Hi everyone! This is a rambling post with little art but some projects and travels.

First, I'd like to thank everyone who commiserated with me on my "white page" freeze and who offered suggestions to help.  One of the hardest things for me to overcome is to just create without worrying if it will come out perfect. If you have been visiting here awhile, you probably know I am primarily a beaded, especially of beaded flowers, like these:
Due to the nature of creation with wire and beads, perfection comes pretty easily once you get the hang of it and consistently so.  But art on paper, mixed media, altered art, assemblage--all the things my heart wants to do, but my hands are not as willing.  I will get there, and I certainly appreciate and will try all your suggestions.

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to a fun concert with husband & daughter.  Our daughter is the consummate concert goer, having just attended Governor's Ball Music Festival a few weeks ago. When she saw one of my all time favorites was going to be in concert nearby, she begged to go! Well, it did not take that much begging, LOL, to see Ringo Starr.

I grew up loving the music of the Beatles (still do), and in a funny way, so did our daughter.  The music is always on in our house! The concert also features some other well known singers from old days--Todd Rundgren, Richard Page (Mr. Mister),Greg Rolie (Santana & Journey), Steve Lukather (Toto) plus a few others.  It was a great show!

The other thing keeping me busy right now is a kitchen project.  So far I have painted which was the easy part! I got it in my head to refinish all the cabinets.  After that, I'm going to change out an old recessed fluorescent fixture over the sink area, but I may cheat and ask our neighbor (an electrician) for help. I can already see this is a bigger project than I thought, but it will eventually get done--and there may even be before and after photos! Bet ya can't wait!

I'm joining Elizabeth for http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2014/06/t-stands-for-patriotism.html who I hope will forgive me for forgetting to take a photo of the water I will be drinking all day in this heat and humidity!




22 comments:

see you there! said...

Your beading is beautiful but I like what I've seen of your other art as well.

I'm drinking water today too. I needed to put down the coffee cup.

Darla

Linda K said...

your beaded projects really are intricate and beautiful! Your mixed media art will come-just play a lot without planning the outcome-a journal with sturdy pages would be perfect. You can always cover up or paint over anything you don't like or use them as backgrounds for journaling. Must have been a fun concert-I remember all those guys/bands:) Good luck with the kitchen.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Now how could anyone be mad at you with all those lovely flowers to ogle over. They are beautiful. You DEFINITELY have a real talent, something I never had.

The first time I ever tried "art" or anything "crafty" was when I arranged flowers for a wedding, which included all the bouquets and the table arrangements. Next, I tried to paint a scene, when a boyfriend talked me into it. Later, he told me I had no sense of perspective. Of course, now you know why I have a cat and not the boyfriend. It took me FOREVER to get to mixed media, but my life has been changed because of it. Just keep plugging away and you will get there. And I promise, you'll get there a lot faster than I did!

Thanks for sharing the concert and the beading (and allowing me to ramble) for T today.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a great concert!

I love your beading. :) It looks so intricate. I can't imagine how you get it to look so perfect.

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

If I have told you once I have told you a million times. Your beaded flowers are THE BEST!!!! Perfection is right. You create flowers like nature does.
The old music is the best music.
Nicole/Beadwright

my cup of tea said...

Such beautiful flowers! You are gifted! Looks like you have had a great summer so far!
donna

Krisha said...

Your beading just amazes me, this is so beautiful.
The Beatles?...OH YES! What a fun concert that must have been.
Happy T-day

Ariel said...

I too have the same problem of worrying about perfection-:(
Sadly that sometimes takes away the joy of creating. Your beaded flowers are stunning.
Happy Tuesday
Susan

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like you have been having a busy time. I still love the Beatles, too, I think we have a special relationship with things we grow up with! I always love your beaded makes, they are really something very special. Have a good day, hugs, Valerie

Robyn said...

always happy to meet another Beatle lover! lots going on here.
Keep hydrated!

~*~Patty S said...

Great to hear Ringo is still going strong and that you enjoyed the concert...
when our boys were little they always knew when it was a Beatles song playing on the radio ♥
Your beaded rose wreath is breathtaking!!!
Water is always my most favorite drink...so grateful we have fresh water to enjoy.
Happy T Day to ya
oxo

Rita said...

Those beaded flowers must take forever to make--and they are so lovely. Beatles fan here, too!!
Happy T-Day! :)

Halle said...

More incredible beading...in awe...jaw dropped once again.
We are not concert goers...I was as a teen but then I could never hear for a day or so afterward. Now...I hate crowds, loud music, traffic...I sound like I'm ready for my AARP card...still got well over a decade to go. ;)
Happy Tuesday!

Myriam Kozik said...

Happy T-Day!
I think being a perfectionist is a problem with a lot of us and that hinders us to start on a new project and just have fun. Your bead work is AMAZING and they are perfect!
That's quite a line up for the concert. Yup, love the Beatles!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your bead work is amazing girl! You should be very proud of yourself! With your "paper" art, feel what you want and just go for it ;o)
Great concert! What an excellent show! So much fun! Great line up of people!
Take it easy with your kitchen!!!! Don't over do it! One day at a time ;o) Get it done by Thanksgiving ;o) Give yourself a lot of time ;o)
Big Hugs ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

Your bead work is amazing girl! You should be very proud of yourself! With your "paper" art, feel what you want and just go for it ;o)
Great concert! What an excellent show! So much fun! Great line up of people!
Take it easy with your kitchen!!!! Don't over do it! One day at a time ;o) Get it done by Thanksgiving ;o) Give yourself a lot of time ;o)
Big Hugs ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

Your bead work is amazing girl! You should be very proud of yourself! With your "paper" art, feel what you want and just go for it ;o)
Great concert! What an excellent show! So much fun! Great line up of people!
Take it easy with your kitchen!!!! Don't over do it! One day at a time ;o) Get it done by Thanksgiving ;o) Give yourself a lot of time ;o)
Big Hugs ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magic Love Crow said...

Ok, I don't know why my comment posted 3 times? Lucky number 3 ;o) LOL! I tried deleting some ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Magic Love Crow said...

Again, I give up! LOL!

IrelandBrady said...

The beading on this piece is OUTSTANDING!