Friday, June 13, 2014

SOC 4 Week One

I decided to give another art prompt challenge a try! This one is a summer color challenge run by Twinkle, Twinkle.  You can read more about it here, but basically you can create any think you want as long as you use the color prompts for the current week. This is my first time participating but from what I gather from her post she has added a little fun twist of not only using the two color prompts, but a smudge, splash, or pop of another color. Should be fun!

This weeks colors are aqua blue and yellow with a pop of hot pink.

So the first thing I discovered is that this is not as easy (for me) as it sounds, and one week is a pretty fast turnaround (for me).  Once I had the idea I moved along pretty quickly until I got to the detail and found the aqua dimensional paint I had was too thick and dried up to use. Ugh! So on to plan B....

Mr. Hedgehog's aqua body was down with spectrum noir marker, his face and paws with watercolor, and his hot pink nose with dimensional fabric paint. Outline and ?quills/hair are Sakura pigma pen.  Phew, just made it in time!

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy, creative weekend!

23 comments:

Zafaran Art Gallery said...

That is a cute Mr. Hedgehog! :-)

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous, so glad you joined in. Love your colourful hedgehog! Hugs, Valerie

Denise Price said...

Aw, I love hedgehogs, and you drew this one with so much personality.

Linda said...

this is SO cute! Good to see you at the SOC challenge!

Kristin said...

xo :)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Ohhh Deb your SOC is awesome. Well done. Just too cute
Nicole/Beadwright

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I stopped by earlier, but my internet froze and I finally was able to reboot.

I'm so glad you are playing in SOC this year. You're definitely going to have fun. I think your little hedgehog is simply adorable. I really like how you used just a splodge of pink. Really clever.

It's always disappointing to learn that your supplies have dried up, or have died because of lack of use. I'm glad you found a suitable replacement for the color you needed.

When I'm doing a challenge, I find I either come up with an idea very quickly, or am totally stumped. You always have such clever ideas (including your adorable little hedgehog), I know they will serve you well in this challenge.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Hi Debbie, not 'Eh' at all, but ever so so cute. I love your hedghogs little pink nose :D
Thank you for your kind comment on my wee boat :o)

Sharon Fritchman said...

You hedgehog is absolutely adorable, Debbie! I love your creative take using the SOC colors!!!!!

helena said...

such a cutey

Flowermouse Design said...

He is adorable - and it must have been quite a job to get watercolors presented this way!!! Sounds like a fun challenge too!!

sheila 77 said...

That is a lovely little hedgehog with his adorable pink nose.

see you there! said...

Sounds like a fun challenge. I would never have thought of those colors and a hedgehog but it really works.

Darla

Caz said...

what a cute little hedgehog!

Halle said...

Oh Debbie...he is so sweet!!!

Laila said...

Isn't he adorable. The other night I had one in my garden for a long time. He were sniffing around looking for something to eat. They are lovely creatures.

Cindy McMath said...

This little guy put a big smile on my face - he is so cute and happy!

Elephangaroo Ramunda said...

His little pink nose is the perfect touch!

IrelandBrady said...

I love your aqua hedgehog and your creative ingenuity!

Margik said...

This is really cute. Fantastic!

Gallery Juana said...

Uber cute! Looks like it was a good thing that the dimensional paint was dry because this came out great with the plan b!

Magic Love Crow said...

He is so cute Deb! I love his little nose ;o)
(Sorry, I am really behind in blog land!)

brenda lee said...

He's such a cutie!!