Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Three T's on Tuesday

Hi Everyone! First I want to say a sincere thank you to everyone who stopped by and left such nice comments about my finger.  Who could have thought such a little finger could cause me so much trouble, but I guess when it is on one's dominant hand, you tend to notice it more.  It is now nearly totally healed and hardly hurts, so I could get back to creating a reasonable facsimile of art!  I get so crabby when I'm not creating, LOL!

I'm joining up with Elizabeth and the rest of the Tea Stands for Tuesday gang--stop by and see what all these talented artists are up to.

So what to make? What to make? Since I have done very little in the last couple of weeks, just coming up with a project was enough of a challenge.  Then I thought I'd make a journal page about what I did do:
I had to use rubber gloves to do the background, but boy did I enjoy getting messy again! I covered the page with white gesso and let it dry.  My gesso is getting old & the cap is broken, so it has a lot of hard dried bits that are hard to get rid of so I just left them.  Texture is good.  Next I scribbled on some watercolor pencils and wiped them around with a baby wipe.  I am sure a lot of you already know this technique, but I adapted it from Pringle Hill Studio's technique. Another thing I did during this time was watch A LOT of You Tube videos!
I had fun making this "hostage style" lettering and using some washi tape that I bought in a local $1 store.  I had plenty of "Time" on my hands, drank many cups of "Tea", and this one was particularly delicious after dinner--no need for dessert! And,
read a lot! I'm on book 3 in the boxed set of 5 books on The Games of Thrones HBO series.  I'm trying to catch up before I start watching this latest season. (Also trying not to read any spoilers in the meantime!)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope your Tuesday is a beautiful one!







21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your Journal page is lovely, the lettering has character! Glad your finger is now better, take good care of yourself! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's delightful to read that your finger is nearly healed. I was also delighted to see you are making art. I can't get YouTube to play on my old computer, so I envy your ability to search out some fantastic videos to keep you inspired.

Thanks for sharing this Tea Time art with us. It was a fun read.

Divers and Sundry said...

time, tea & tales... sweet :)

i find the got books tedious. i made it through book 2 and into book 3, but oh! the descriptions of things that don't aid the plot! i feel like i'm sinking!

we don't get cable, so i wait for the dvds. i'm finding avoiding spoilers impossible! i'm learning to go with the spoiler-laden flow lol

Dianne said...

It sounds like you used your "off" time well...I am going to need to re-read all of the Game of Thrones books by the time the next title comes out...have to refresh my memory of who is who and who did what! It is a fascinating series. Love your journal page...and gotta get me some of that strawberry chocolate tea! so glad you are healing quickly!

Halle said...

Nice page! I'm starting book 2 today...I had to take a break after the first one and read something else briefly. My hubby is midway thru book 4. Love that series!!

Super Stamp Girl said...

Glad to hear you are back on the mend after an injured finger! It stinks when you can't fully enjoy the things you love the most, doesn't it! Happy T-day!

SSG #1

Krisha said...

Great journal page.
Oh I LOVE GOT, and watch it every week, and am always on pins waiting for a new season to begin.
I bet the books are even better, I've always found it to be true. I'll have to search out the books and have a good read, since I know the characters so well.......grin
Happy T-day

~*~Patty S said...

Happy for you that you can play again and that finger is healing nicely...I totally get what you said about getting crabby when you can't create.
Happy T Day to you
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

oh and I admire you for READING The Game of Thrones books = Wowee!
Are wait for each TV episode with bated breath...lots of times having to close my eyes as it is oh so graphic and thrilling too :)

Linda said...

Glad your finger's healing well, and despite the issue you made time to get lots of things in. I cut my finger badly last year but fortunately it wasn't my dominant hand:) Beautiful journal page! I have a bottle of gesso that's nearly empty and has those hard bits too :)Happy T day!

Rita said...

Glad you are healing nicely. Looks like a lot of fun techniques on this page.
My son is reading the Game of Thrones books, too. Great show and he said he loves the books even more, of course.
Happy T-Day! :)

Nancy said...

Your page is great :) I'm glad your finger is better! Nice to sit and get some good reading in tho :)
Happy Tuesday :)

dawn said...

I'm glad your finger is better, YAY!! That is frustrating when your hurt and cant' make art too, I've been there before.
Awesome art journal page!!
WOW, that is some serious reading, good for you.
Enjoy feeling better and getting messy again.
Happy T Day!

Nan G said...

Oh my, sorry your hurt your finger and bad enough to not be able to craft. So glad you and the finger are well on the mend. Love the journal page. Hugs

Ariel said...

I didn't know about your finger but am glad to hear that you are feeling much better. Thank you for sharing your journal page.
Have a wonderful week.
Susan

Gloria said...

Good to see you have a little laugh over your finger- very punny!

Your tastes in tea are adventurous, sounds interesting.

Keep healing and making art, you'll be beading again soon...

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, this is so cute! Strawberry Chocolate! Yummy! Glad to hear your little finger is doing better ;o)
My hands are all rough today! I didn't put my gloves on! I need some cream for them ;o)
I think it will be an early night for me! 6 hours was a long day for me!
Big Hugs, talk soon ;o)
Game of Thrones rocks! I hope you are having fun reading ;o)

Vicki Miller said...

Good that your finger is healed and you can get some of this great work done!

Denise Price said...

I also get crabby when I can't create, so I understand what you mean. I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better and creating art again. And oh my goodness, chocolate strawberry tea sounds heavenly--definitely a worthy subject for a journal page. Hope you had a Happy T Day!

see you there! said...

Fun page. Glad you were able to get back into creating. I'm late visiting but enjoyed seeing you get back in the swing of things.

Darla

Flowermouse Design said...

So happy to read that you are up and creating again. It sure is a powerful force inside!!! I love that page and the background colors. And strawberry chocolate!!!! Me like - a lot!!!!