Friday, May 9, 2014

Craft Barn Challenge #9 Unique & Fame

I'm back again with another art card for the 9th challenge at The Craft Barn's Quotes & Lyrics challenge. This time the word prompts were unique and/or fame. I chose a quote from Margaret Mead, an American Cultural Anthropologist.
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." I created a template for the background flowers so they would all be the same and then varied their colors so they would all be different.  I finally got to use my new crop-a-dile to add the eyelet in the center of the flower shape with the quote.  Although you can't tell from this angle, the quote is raised off the background with foam discs.The background was done with micron pen and colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.

Now, if you are wondering what happened to entry #8 which was to use Knowledge and/or hurt, here it is.  For any who don't regularly follow my blog, I had cut my finger (which required 5 stitches) the day after challenge 8 came out and was unable to do anything crafty. Still, inspiration struck, and I found this quote by Robert Schuller, a televangelist.
This art card was done with watercolor and micron pen and features a real band-aid!

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy, creative weekend!


22 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love both pieces, the band-aid one is a great idea. The flowers on the first one are beautiful, I remember reading Margaret Mead when I was a student. Hugs, Valerie

Elaine said...

Great idea to do the flowers the same but different to fit your quote and well done on catching up!!

Elaine said...

Back again! Just clicked on your etsy shop to look at your beaded flowers. They're gorgeous - so detailed and lifelike!!

massofhair said...

Hope your finger is much better, glad you shared your challenge 8 entry, it is wonderful :-)

Your card for challenge 9 is so colourful and bright, love the quote :-) xxx

Flowermouse Design said...

Wow the band aid looks like it is painted!!! I love the quote too!!!

Scrapmate said...

Beautiful unique quote - love the flowers. Well done for catching up despite your cut finger.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Both are excellent pieces. The flower colours are so pretty and the heart and bandaid very clever. Bothe quotes are perfect. I'm glad your finger is healed now :-)

TwinkleToes2day said...

Both are excellent pieces. The flower colours are so pretty and the heart and bandaid very clever. Bothe quotes are perfect. I'm glad your finger is healed now :-)

IrelandBrady said...

Love both, but the heart with bandaid really stands out!

kaybee said...

Colourful flowers with a great quote. Hope the finger is better.

thassos456 said...

2 great art cards. love the flower background. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

The bandaid card is great! It really looks painted! Love both the cards Deb ;o) The quotes are fantastic! Hugs ;o)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really like both of these entries. I like your thought process of all the flowers being the same, yet different and unique. So true in life, too.

The bandaid was terrific. Nice art and quote, but the embellishment was what put this one over the top!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention: Have a wonderful Mother' Day? Any chance of hooking up with DD?

juliewheatman said...

Lovely, fresh and colourful just what we need with the weather in the Uk, Love your challenge 8 piece too

Maggie said...

Great quotes and makes for both challenges hope your finger is healed I missed challenge 8 but not caught up yet.

MaggieH

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Hi Deb Happy Mother's Day to you.
Thank you for the nice comments. I can't believe I am a great granma.
Wishing you a very happy day
Nicole/Beadwright

see you there! said...

I like both of your entries. The flowers are pretty and I imagine even better in person where you can see the depth and layers. The bandaid combined with the quote is very clever.

Darla

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two fabulous pieces. Great quotes.

lena-dailyscrap said...

We sure chose the same quote AND the very true one as well!!! Lovely (both of them!)!

Craftyfield said...

Both are great pages and well done for catching up (I haven't). Super choice of quote for Unique (I have to say that coz that's the one I chose!)

gardenpinks said...

Lovely quote and gorgeous flowers too. Well done on catching up - fabulous piece for #8 and clever use of a plaster! Hope your finger is healing well.