Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Craft Barn Challenge #10 Passion and Music

Here is my piece for The Craft Barn's Quotes and Lyrics challenge using the words passion or music. 
I started out by randomly stamping an almost dry (even though it was new!) mini stamp pad onto an ATC blank.  Next, I used a stamp of music bars.  Why I didn't think pink and purple inks were going to be screaming loud, I do not know; but I managed to fix that by brushing on a light coat of white gesso.  The stamp fills in a word of the quote and I edged it with some shiny jewels (thanks Valerie!) and a music note die cut.

Here you can see the jewel trim a little better.  I'm off to visit everyone now!

14 comments:

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

I really love this. Music does connect and brings love.
Happy Wednesday Deb
Nicole/Beadwright

Valerie-Jael said...

This is beautiful! Music and art really do bring people together from all over the globe! Hugs, Valerie

TwinkleToes2day said...

Fabulous idea. That stamp is excellent and I love the quote :o)

Scrapmate said...

Great use of the postage stamp. It's nice to see everyone's takes on the quote.

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely entry - great idea with the stamp!

Magic Love Crow said...

So pretty Deb! I love the verse ;o) The jewels look great ;o) Hugs ;o)

Craftyfield said...

Love the stamp with jewels too, and you've chosen such a nice quote!

Flowermouse Design said...

It is amazing to see what you come up with in all those challenges. This one is gorgeous!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Music scores and postage stamps make my heart beat faster. This is fantastic.

BTW, I have a few of those same stamp pads. It's very frustrating to open a brand new stamp pad and find it has dried up. I feel your pain!

see you there! said...

Great entry for the challenge. It s always odd to me when I view ATC's on the computer. I see the piece as a larger work and have to remind myself how small it is and how hard it is for me to work that small. You did it so well.

Darla

gardenpinks said...

A beautiful ATC and love the way you used the stamp for part of the quote.

carolfromkiwiland said...

Very cool ATC. It is amazing what a layer of gesso or paint will do when something doesn't go according to plan.lol.

massofhair said...

Fab ATC, great colours and music background. Wonderful quote :-) x

BJ said...

Love how you have used the stamp. BJ