Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Thank goodness it's Tuesday!

Because, I would not want to relive yesterday again!  What started out as a plan to Spring clean two rooms turned into a trip to urgent care.

After the walls, ceiling, floor, fixtures and everything else that is on the walls was clean, I got the bright idea to paint inside the medicine cabinet which had lots of rust spots. I removed all the contents, then the glass shelves, and began removing those little metal holders that slip into slots to hold those glass shelves.  Of course, there is always one that is stuck.  I pulled hard, then harder...then my hand slipped and I sliced a pretty good chunk of my right pinkie. I'll spare you all the gory details, and there will be no photos.  After a little over an hour when I could not get it to stop leaking the red stuff, and a trip across the street to my neighbor who is a retired nurse only helped short term, off to the urgent care office I went.

After a 1 1/2 hr wait (lots of people stopped by with flu symptoms which I hope we now do not get), I finally got in to see someone.   They put 5 stitches in my pinkie to try to reattach the piece I fortunately had not sliced completely off, and a tetanus shot as a bonus.

Needless to say, the first few days when you can't get it wet, don't especially want to bump it, yada, yada, yada...means no painting, pretty much no beading, and very little typing.

I'm going to try to visit all my tea tuesday buddies, especially Elizabeth, our host, who is celebrating her birthday today.  Hope to be back next week after the stitches are out on Monday.

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh no!!! Poor you, that must be very painful! Hope your finger soon feels better, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh you poor angel. I was reading with squeamish. Blood always does that to me. And the idea of having to reattach the finger was even more traumatizing. I'm surprised it lived as long as it did, especially since emergency care is supposed to be quicker than that. Or at least, it should be.

Get better soon, so you can bead, type, and drink tea. And please let hubby, since you have one, put things back in the medicine cabinet.

Deb said...

oh my goodness...I hope you heal really quickly...

Vicki Miller said...

Oh, you poor old thing. At least you didn't chop it right off! I hope it is better after a little rest

Divers and Sundry said...

yowch! i'm so sorry! i hope it heals fast and you are able to get back to your project soon. i know watching that project sitting there waiting for you is hard to do :(

see you there! said...

Sounds like a miserable injury, not only did it hurt and require a miserable trip to urgent care but now you have to wait to do the things you enjoy doing. Get better quickly, we'll miss you.

Darla

Gloria said...

Yikes! Rest up, drink lots of tea and enjoy some reading while you heal and wait for the stitches to be removed.

I commiserate with you, as I have the scars and injuries over the past few years from doing chores and projects.

My right index finger has a permanent bump from an injury similar to yours. The doctor didn't stitch it up just perfectly and told me not to bend it- not bending it left the bump.

Hope you're soon back to doing the things you love to do.

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I am so sorry!!! Sending you a big healing hug!!! Please take care of yourself! I hope you heal fast! Talk to you, when you get better ;o) xoxoox

Dianne said...

oh dear! not sure how you are even typing! sorry to hear about the stitches & the long wait to get them! but the tetanus shot was probably a good idea...hope you are better and back to playing in the art box soon!

Hettie said...

Ooo! Oooo! Oooo! Owchie. Owchie.
I feel your pain and my toes have curled up!
Poor You.
Sending hugs your way!
xx

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Thank you Debbie for stopping by and wishing me a happy birthday. Especially since your finger is injured. Hope it is better by now.

Have a great week
Nicole/Beadwright

Janice Kay Schaub said...

OH no and that tetnus shot will be hurting even more today than when they did it........Remind me not to ever get one again. Heal quickly
Janice

IrelandBrady said...

Oh my, you gave such a good description that I am getting dizzified! Hope you finger is much better by now!

Flowermouse Design said...

Oohhhh no!!!! I can nearly feel that pain. I really hope you are getting better and better Debbie!!!!! Big hugs!!!!