Friday, February 28, 2014

The Craft Barn Challenge #4

TGIF Everyone!  The next words for The Craft Barn Challenge are marriage and age.  I found lots of quotes, but it was a true challenge for me to illustrate them.  I finally settled on an age quote by Robert Browne, an English Author in the 1600s.  It was remarkable how something written so long ago still has meaning and truth today.
I sketched then cut out the little Shar Pei, otherwise known as a "wrinkle dog" and placed him at the bottom of my card.  The background was done appropriately with several colors of green watercolor--as green is the color associated with envy.

Thank you for coming by.  Have a happy creative weekend and stay safe is you are experiencing or expecting more of Mother Nature's wrath!

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic page! Hugs, Valerie

Flowermouse Design said...

I love that quote so much!! And the colors for the background it so well done. The dog is cute - in other words this is such a beautiful peace of art!!!!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Thanks for the smile on my face :)

massofhair said...

Thanks for taking the time to pop over & leave a comment:-)

Beautiful Sharpei drawing, you have given him those 'can't say no eyes'... Fab quote & love how you have expressed it:-) xxx

Elaine said...

What a great quote and lovely dog to go with it!!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

LOL Very nice. My wrinkles are all earned.
Nicole/Beadwright

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, this quote is so truthful! I love your creation! So sweet! I hope the weather is treating you well? We are cold again and I think more snow for tomorrow! Big Hugs ;o)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

STUNNING drawing and wonderful quote for this challenge. I'm a bit green right now because of this page (grin).

Hope your weekend is warmer than mine. I know you don't want to hear this, but it's sub freezing temps and snow falling at the moment.

Krisha said...

GREAT, GREAT page! Love the dog drawing and the quote is perfect!
I too, have earned all my wrinkles.

Sunshineshelle said...

I love those 'wrinkle' dogs and never remember their name 'Shar Pei' if I say it 10 times fast I may (at least for a minute LOL). He is adorable! Sounds like the weather is horrid - nice cup of tea is always a great thing to have on a blustery day... mmm.... or HOT CHOCOLATE ;)

see you there! said...

You found the perfect quote for the challenge and illustrated it so well. I like the green for envy, subtle idea.

Darla

lena-dailyscrap said...

VERY true! Well done!

Scrapmate said...

A wonderful quote and a perfect image to depict it.

Sylv said...

Wonderful page, love your Shar Pei sketch and great quote.

Sylv xx

Lesley said...

Lovely page and cute dog! xx

carolfromkiwiland said...

Great quote and a fab wee drawing of the wrinkle dog.

maggie said...

What a great quote and your image fits it perfectly.

Maggie