Tuesday, February 25, 2014

T(ea) Tuesday with Tea

I missed joining up with Elizabeth and the gang last week, because I have mainly been working on tons of beading projects; and even though I was drinking tea, I cannot show the projects just yet.

 I can show a WIP and a few photos from yesterday of an alTered cigar box I am making.
I started with a cigar box with a slide off top.  Since it was in very good condition, I lightly sanded it and applied two coats of chestnut stain with polyurethane in it.  I like the way with writing on the bottom of the box got darker.
I made a french beaded passion flower using very nontraditional colors and attached it to the box. Then, it was time for a cup of tea so I could ponder how I am going to account for the small amount of bulk (see the leather circle in the top photo) that hides the attachment wires.
Today's choice is Blue Moose Blueberry Tea which as you can see is still brewing in this photo. I've had this tea before. It has a subtle, but nice blueberry flavor.
Back to the box....I am leaning towards leaving the inside unfinished because I like the look of the wood and smooth areas of varnish, glue, or whatever it is. I just have to account for the front lip and it will be done.

Hope you are enjoying your Tuesday and if you care to grab a beverage and join in with Bleubeard and Elizabeth, here's the link.




20 comments:

see you there! said...

The beaded flower and the box are great. Somehow I was tickled that Crafty Moose was drinking Blue Moose Tea.

Darla

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Debbie, this is a stunning project. Both the beading and the way you decorated the box. Now you know why it's so hard to decorate a cigar box with beautiful wood. I'm a wood gal, not a paint gal when it comes to real wood. I applaud you for not covering over the beauty of the box. Of course, your beaded bouquet is simply stunning.

That Moose tea fits you perfectly. It wouldn't matter if it tasted good, or not, it is SO YOU. I simply KNOW you will be keeping the package, the box, the dried tea bag, etc. for your art. Happy T(ea) today, dear crafty blueberry blue MOOSE!

Dianne said...

your beaded flower is absolutely gorgeous! love the box...and your tea looks yum too...happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

your beaded flower is beautiful! it looks like it would take forever to make something like that. so many beads, such am intricate design.

~*~Patty S said...

Your beaded passion flower is amazing and so gorgeous...
what you create with beads is WOW...I admire your patience and artistry very much!

Wishing you a happy T day
oxo

Halle said...

Your beading amazes me!! love the way the box turned out.
And blueberry tea sounds delightful!! I love blueberries!!!!
Happy Tuesday!

Linda said...

Oh what gorgeous beading!!! It certainly makes that box very special. Blueberry tea sounds very good-and has me wishing it was blueberry season :) Happy T day!

Ariel said...

Your beaded flower is stunning. Thank you for sharing it here.
Happy T for Tuesday
Susan

dawn said...

How pretty the box and the flower are, love them. I would leave the box as is, so pretty.

Happy T day!

Krisha said...

What a beautiful box, and that flower is just stunning. I'm glad you left the wood too, it really makes your flower stand out and every bit of it now looks so expensive!

Thanks for stopping by, had to giggle about the name of your tea too!

Myriam Kozik said...

Wow beautiful bead work. I like the bare wood too. More organic. It will look great with the elegant bead work.
Happy T-day!

Nancy said...

Love the colour you did the box and your beading is gorgeous!

Hettie said...

Oh MY! That is an absolutely beautiful passion flower! I love the box too.
This is wonderful! Love that tea.
Thanks for visiting earlier.
Hugs
xx

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I would like a cup of that tea please ;o) Looks good ;o) Now, I have to say, this box is AMAZING!!! Wow girl! Something you're keeping? Something for the special order man? LOL! Something for the shop? Just wondering! It truly is breath taking!! A+++

Denise Price said...

That blueberry tea sounds good. And it even matches the lovely blue flower that you made for the box. The box is looking great--nice job! Happy T Day. :)

Vicki Miller said...

Debbie I am always amazed at your beaded flowers. The passion flower is gorgeous!

Rita said...

Very pretty box. I like the inside unfinished. :)
Happy belated T-Day! :)

voodoo vixen said...

My apologies for my late arrival at your tea on tuesday, love the look of the cigar box darkened with stained that gorgeous bead flower you have made and I had to smile at the choice of tea, how perfect that is!!

Sunshineshelle said...

Late for tea, but still enjoying the visit... Deb, this is utterly GORGEOUS, what a beautiful gift idea to keep tea bags in too, love the colours of the passion flower too :)

Sunshineshelle said...

Late for tea, but still enjoying the visit... Deb, this is utterly GORGEOUS, what a beautiful gift idea to keep tea bags in too, love the colours of the passion flower too :)