Friday, February 14, 2014

Craft Barn Challenge #3

Hi everyone! I'm joining up with The Craft Barn's third challenge using the words Strong and/or Miss. I created another art card using a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.

I made some tiny foam tea bags and tags that I stamped on a piece of tan paper. I made some tabs to look like tea tags so hopefully it would stay closed and added the first part of the quote, "A woman is like a tea bag--"
"You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."  More tea bag stamps using some Distress Ink and Sakura markers for the strings.  The woman is the center is, of course, a tea bag with collaged feet and arm.  The head I made from a tissue using a polymer clay stamp from Polyform and rubbed some flamingo pink Pearl Ex powder lightly on the hills of the face.

I really had fun with this one--can't wait for the next words!

Have a happy creative weekend everyone! We really got slammed with snow--probably about 16" (40 cm), so there will be lots of shoveling this weekend!


21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love this, you can see that you had fun playing with your tea! Hugs, Valerie

Willow said...

I love it ~ and a spot of tea !

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

I love this too. Yeah don't mess with the "tea" bag.
Nicole/Beadwright

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I LOVE this soooooooooooo much!!! Great work! Great words! So cute and creative!! Guess what? We got no snow???? Better keep my mouth shut! LOL! I am sorry you got so much! Tell hubby to rest, between snow shoveling! Hugs ;o)

Flowermouse Design said...

Oh gosh Debbie - all that snow!!!! No no no!!! I love your tea bag art!! This is amazing - some really ordinary taking out and made art of!! That is truly talent!!

Dianne said...

sO CUTE...and so true! happy day to you...♥

see you there! said...

Very clever. I have always liked the quote and like it even better not that you have illustrated it.

Darla

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've had my head stuck in basketball, or I would have been here sooner. What a fabulous way to create that saying/quote. I like how you made the head, too. From what I've read, Eleanor had a lot of class and some really great things to say, too.

Craftyfield said...

Your page is just great fun and I love how you made all your embellishments including the stamps!

Pat said...

Very clever.

Crystal said...

Very cool! :-)

massofhair said...

LOVED this quote when i read it, really enjoying your interpretation and the Art is fab :-) xxx

lena-dailyscrap said...

Superb entry! Love the quote - I just hope that nobody will check my strength by putting me in hot water! ;-)

carolfromkiwiland said...

Very cute depiction of this quote. A very true quote also.

Elaine said...

Love this and a brilliant quote too!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, a gorgeous idea and a fabulous quote.

Sylv said...

Fabulous choice of quote, love the way you illustrated your page.

Sylv xx

Maisie Moonshine said...

Brilliant! Love your quirky representation. Those tiny teabags are so cute. MMx

Lesley said...

Very cute and a great quote too! xx

Sunshineshelle said...

This is so sweet (even without sugar), fun concept :) oh and pleased the snow eased up so you could get some outdoor activity, by the way, those cookies look yum, it would be hard to leave the house until they were finished ;)

Sharon, The Craft Barn said...

Love your work and the quote