Friday, January 31, 2014

Two is better than One

It is beginning to warm up a little here again, so I am climbing out from under my figurative rock to say hello and happy weekend! 

I have a new scarf to show off--be forewarned--the colors are a little shocking! First let me tell you how it came to be.  I'm still on my dwindle down my stash/supplies, use what I have, buying moratorium--whatever you call it. So when I was faced with one skein of hot pink shaded Moda Dea Ticker Tape nylon yarn, I was stumped about what to make.  Then I remembered a post I had read written by my friend Lone on her blog, Flowermouse, and I thought there is my answer!
I combined the above-mentioned pink shaded yarn with a similar weight white acrylic and here is the result.  It is lightweight, yet warm, and I think the two colors work well together!

So I have to thank Lone who let me "borrow" this idea.  Now,  I have two or three more orphan skeins of this ticker tape yarn in other colors to play around with.

Have a happy creative weekend everyone!





6 comments:

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

ooohhhh I really like this scarf. I wear a scarf almost everyday. This hot pink is awesome.
Nicole/Beadwright

Valerie-Jael said...

It's gorgeous, reminds me of strawberry and vanilla icecream, which I just love! Have fun wearing it! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, Debbie, this is stunning. Makes me wish I wore scarves. Never heard of ticker tape yarn, but it turned out lovely, none-the-less.

As you get warmer, we get colder, with ice that won't melt until our temps get above freezing. Stay warm, dear, as I head under the blankets with Bleubeard. Sorry, a rock is too cold to hide under here (grin).

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I think this is so pretty!! I love the color combination! Well done ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Flowermouse Design said...

I love it that you have your own take on this!!!! And such a clever idea to use up stash that way!!! I love it!!!

see you there! said...

Fun scarf. What a great stash busting idea. Hope to see some more of these.

Darla