Tuesday, January 14, 2014

T Stands For Tuesday

Hi everyone!  Well, if you look at the date & title of my last post, it appears I took a little more time than I thought.  I had intended to be here last Tuesday to join Elizabeth and Bleubeard for T(ea) Tuesday but our subzero windchills just took a toll on my fingers.  I can hardly complain though, since I know parts of the US had it much worse than New York.  We have bounced back up to near 50 degrees, so here I am for T today, to check in and say hello.
Here is my morning tea--another from Twinings: Mixed Berry Black Tea.  According to the package it is a fine black tea flavored with strawberry, cherry, raspberry and redcurrant.  It has a lovely aroma and although probably not intended, I drink it with a splash of skin milk.
Paired with a cranberry/orange muffin top, it was berrylicious!

We are still winding down from the holidays here and while all the decorations and tree are put away, we have had plenty of visits from friends.  We are hosting (casual) dinners on three different nights and Friday night are going to dinner at a neighbors.  Now that the holidays themselves are over, it is nice to spend time visiting when time is not so rushed.

As for crafting, I have been spending much of my time working on a few custom orders for flowers while at the same time trying to make a few rose arrangements for upcoming Valentine's Day.  Here is one order, just finished, for 3 stems of Fuchsia in blues:
Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy T day!  Don't forget to stop by and visit Elizabeth and everyone else who is participating today.

19 comments:

Flowermouse Design said...

Good that you are all safe. Saw the news about that horrible weather you had!!! I love the fuchsia flowers - promise of summer!!!

Hettie said...

WOW! Those fuschias are stunning! Fushchias are one of my favourite flowers too and these are no exception.
I have seen some of the news of the weather and heard from my friend in Albany. Glad it hasn't come over the water....yet! Pictures of Niagra Falls did look so pretty though!
Hugs
xx

Divers and Sundry said...

hasn't the weather been strange! we've broken a few records here in memphis, tho we got no snow accumulation.

i'm finding that cranberry/orange muffin top cheering. sounds like something i'd like.

see you there! said...

I've been wondering where you've been. The tea sounds good and cranberry/orange is one of my favorite flavors. I bought a bag of "fresh" cranberries to stick in the freezer just for muffin making. Can't always find cranberries the rest of the year.

Darla

Halle said...

Wow! Those flowers look beautiful but like a ton of work!!
Happy Tuesday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the flowers you have made. Your tea and muffin look very delicious. Sorry your fingers were playing you up! Hugs, Valerie

Krisha said...

OMGOSH! those flowers and just gorgeous!
Where's the bottom of the muffin?
Happy T-day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What stunning flowers. You make the most beautiful beaded art.

I'm so glad that you were able to thaw since last week. Believe me, I know exactly how you felt. So glad it's warmed there, as it was warm here for awhile, but now it's back to clouds and chilly. Not frigid, but chilly!

Thanks for sharing your tea today. I often find adding a bit of milk (OK, half and half) to the tea brings the flavor out a bit.

Thanks for checking in. I'm thrilled you are warmer and could join us this week.

Ariel said...

The beaded flowers are so beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Denise Price said...

Yum, the berry tea and muffin top sound like a great flavor combination. And your beaded flowers are absolutely stunning. Happy T Day!

Jenny Woolf said...

Pretty fuschias! I must admit I never heard of that kind of tea, though. It sounds interesting.

Vicki Miller said...

The fuchsia flowers are absolutely gorgeous. i love beads, but I could never make anything that complicated!

Dianne said...

Very lovely beaded flowers...I can't begin to think how much time they must require to make! happy T day!

Spyder said...

Those flowers are fabulous and must take ages, super! Happy late T day!
((Lyn)) #13

Magic Love Crow said...

Your blue fuchsia's are beautiful! Great colours! Aren't the holidays fun, more eating! LOL! I have to ask, why just the top of a muffin? Your tea sounds very yummy! My kind of tea ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gloria said...

I keep meaning to buy a muffin top baking pan- the tops are the best part! A muffin toasted or grilled on a pancake grill and a big cup of hot tea- a scrummy treat.

Whenever I think of fuchsias, I remember the huge flowering plants in Longwood Gardens. Yours are beautiful.

Rita said...

I had to laugh! I thought that was a cookie. I have never had just a muffin top (the best part). Happy late T-Day! :)

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I love those. The blue is magic. I might order some of those myself once you get past Valentines Day.
Janice