Wednesday, January 15, 2014

How to tell when your freezer needs rearranging

Or (alternate title) Why you should not just shove stuff in the freezer.


Yes, I am back again to post--two days in a row now.  No photos, because they would not be pretty!

So my title refers to a little mishap I had yesterday afternoon....

We have a full size freezer we keep in our garage.  While bending down to get a package of vegetables from the bottom shelf, two packages of ground beef about 3 lbs each (1 kilo) jumped off the top shelf and hit me on the top of the head.  I guess the subtle hints of food falling out every time I opened the door were not enough for me.  Guess what I am doing today?

PS: No real harm done beside a sore scalp and neck. 

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh dear! We must be sisters, things like that happen here often, because SOMEBODY is always just stuffing things into cupboards! Hope you soon feel better! Hugs, Valerie

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Ohhhh ouch!!!! I can clean like a mad woman but when it comes to the freezer it is like I have a block there. LOL
Have fun getting it organized.
Nicole/Beadwright

Flowermouse Design said...

Oh oh - what a good idea to clean your freezer out. Good luck - and good your hand is ok!!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I feel for you!!! I know you said no real harm was done, but please take care! You could be sore for awhile! Hope you had fun cleaning out the freezer ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh dear, I do hope you feel better soon. That amount of stuff hitting you on the head ain't funny.

Hettie said...

Owch! It could have been worse, you could have fallen into our freezer! Hubby was useless at helping - too busy laughing!
Tee hee!
xx

Crystal said...

Sounds like my freezer in my kitchen. The one I have in the basement is chock full but its a chest type so nothing falls on my head down there! :-)

see you there! said...

Attacked by food? Goodness! Glad it didn't knock you out.

Darla

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Seems like you should become a vegetarian after that encounter with the beef. Lesson to be learned: LARGE, HEAVY items go on bottom shelves, and smaller, lighter packages go on top shelves (grin).

Seriously, although this made me smile, I know how painful it was, even though you are trying to make light of it. Hope you feel better soon.

Gloria said...

Yikes, hope there is no concussion. Use the peas for an ice pack!

Years ago my parents had an old fridge in the basement and the freezer door opened on my head when the large door opened- first time I saw stars, but survived okay.

Maybe make some chili with some of that meat- that'll be nice on the cold upcoming days.

Be well...

IrelandBrady said...

Don't ya just hate when frozen food "leaps" out of the freezer and attacks you? ! Sometimes I wonder if it is suggesting what I should be making for dinner that night! LOL!