Monday, December 16, 2013

T Tuesday Christmas Tour

Hi everyone! If you are visiting via Elizabeth's T Stands For Tuesday blog link, welcome to my Christmas Tour! As you walk in the door, the first site is the Tree.
Due to the location it is nearly impossible to get a photo of the whole tree.  Most of the ornaments are handmade, gifts, or were purchased while on vacation as souvenirs.
I made the tree skirt many years ago from a kit.  It is all appliqued felt embellished with sequins, bells, and other bits.
In this close-up you can see two beaded ornaments I made--the red one on the right and the blue/yellow one on the left.  Those are little ceramic elephant beads on the dangles.  The two foxes in the log was the first ornament we bought the year we were engaged.  The flag one was also my favorite ornament as a kid--it is over 50 years old now!
Moving along...Santa greets us with a bag of goodies.  This I also made about 20 years ago out of a log and some wood.  His face, if I remember correctly,  is wall paper paste molded by hand and then painted.
Right above Santa is the reindeer corner.
 
 Here is the snowman corner--two of them are music boxes.
This soldier keeps the snowman corner safe!

Over to the right, the fireplace is all decked out, too.  Our fireplace doesn't have a mantle but rather a step up from the floor. The cowboy Santa fits right in with my Southwestern Living Room motif.  Do you see the Elvis Santa to the right?  The first needlepoint stocking was nearly completed when I went into labor with my daughter.  All it lacked was the name since we didn't know who we were going to be blessed with!
This is the wall of the fireplace--a mixture of new, vintage & kitsch!  The head was a plain paper mache one that I painted.  The Santa on the left and the Santa Sleigh on the right are very old, from my husband's family.

Shall we step into the Dining Room?  No surface gets away without some decoration.  By Christmas, the two side panels of the china closet will be covered with the photo Christmas cards we receive.  Just to the left you can see a snipped of holly that goes around the doorway that leads to the kitchen.  A kissing ball hangs there, too.  Mr. Moose is standing in his usual spot between the china closet and the buffet:
Thank you if you stuck with me to the end of this post.  Sit down and have a cup of tea--you've earned it!








21 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow, Debbie. I love your eclectic home and decorations. They are all so much fun. I especially enjoyed the tree, since it's been SO long since I've had a large tree. At least you have someone to help move furniture because I had to take my extra furniture to the basement when I had a live tree.

I'm so glad you shared your home and Christmas decorations with us. It's starting to feel like Christmas, isn't it?

Thanks also for sharing T today. I'll have a cup with you!

Willow said...

Great collection.
I love the reindeer corner !!

Dianne said...

Looks like you've decked out every room splendidly! Love the vintage Santas, and your variety of ornaments. those beaded ornaments are gorgeous! and I think I spied a little wooden teddy bear that is just like two that I have on my tree!

Nan G said...

Thanks for the tour. Your house is beautifully decorated for the holiday. Hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Your decorations are lovely, it all looks very Christmassy and inviting! Have fun! Hugs, Valerie

Flowermouse Design said...

Oh I loved this post!!! And that you have kept the memories and use them!!!!

see you there! said...

Thanks for the tour. You have such a great collection of holiday decorations. Each one seems to hold a special memory too. That is the kind of Christmas decorating I especially like.

Darla

~*~Patty S said...

Such fun to get to enjoy your Christmas decorations with such a nice variety!
Your tree is lovely and I always feel like handmade ornaments are extra special.
Cool head that you painted and decorated too!
Happy Holiday T Day to you
oxo

Halle said...

You did a lot of decorating! Looks great!!
I recognize the bean bag reindeer on the skull. They were from Burger King in the 80's. My BF at the time gave me all 4 different ones for Christmas...he worked at Burger King. :)
Happy Tuesday!

Gloria said...

That was fun! Your bull head with the garland over one horn is comical, does he know he's got a load of friends onboard?!LOL

Seriously, your house looks terrific. Putting up the pieces from years gone by and from those we loved (even if they are not here) is like a big hug, it's nice to keep them close if only in memory.

Your handiworks are lovely. Thanks so much for showing us your holiday home.

Linda said...

thanks for the lovely Christmas tour of your beautiful home. Your tree skirt is gorgeous and your home filled with so many sweet hand made mementoes. Happy T day!

Rita said...

Wow! You really fill your place with Christmas! and a lot of it is vintage, too. Sweet! Thanks for the tour. :)
Happy T-Day!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Wow this is a Christmas house. Great decorations. Your tree is so pretty.
Nicole/Beadwright

Krisha said...

WOW! What a wonderful Christmas tour. All your decorations are beautiful.
In a Christmas movie I heard this saying about ornaments: "They are memories on a branch" It is so true for most of us, a story for each ornament.
The spot of tea was very nice, even though I am a coffee drinker.

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I am smiling big time! Thank you for sharing all your special decorations! All such special memories! I love Christie's stalking ;o) Thanks for making my day ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Denise Price said...

Wow, thanks for sharing all these photos. Your home looks so cheery and festive. And I love the fact that each decoration is connected to a special memory. Happy T day! :)

Marianne said...

I love all the cheery decorations.
Christmas at your house looks so warm and cozy.

Katherine Unique said...

Brilliant blog, great posts and beautiful proprietress! What to want more ...
I'd love to follow you (GFC) and welcome to visit my
blog about fashion - KatherineUnique.blogspot.com.


Regards,
Katherine Unique


Crystal said...

Loved the tour! ;-)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your tree is gorgeous! I love the felt skirt.

I hope you are enjoying this holiday season .

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Just stopped by to tell you I answered your request to see the wall of art between the two living room windows today. Hope you have time to stop by my place and see it.