Thursday, December 26, 2013

Happy New Year & Happy Mail

Hi Everyone! I had hoped to wish everyone a Merry Christmas before Christmas, but as we all know, life sometimes gets in the way.  Even in a good way.  A last minute change of plans left me with little time to wrap presents, clean, bake, visit everyone and make a blog post.  I was determined to remain stress-free and to remember the really important things, like my family and friends.

I received a very special card and gift from my friend Stacy of MagicLoveCrow

Stacy knows that I had been admiring the etched stones made by Deb of Geckostone on Etsy, and that due to other demands, Deb had put her shop on hiatus.  So she bugged asked her nicely to make me one as a gift, and she did.
 
Deb has a blog where you can see some of her wonderful art. She put so much skill and love into the stone, and I really love it.  Of course, she added a moose for me! I will treasure it always.

Stacy also gave me an adorable moose charm.  It is a little metal medallion that says "Live Large" on the reverse side.
I will have to come up with a special beaded project to show off both sides of this charm.

Thank you so much, Stacy (and Deb)! I love them both!

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Good for you staying calm and taking things easy! Love the pretty things you have received, they are really special and unique. Hugs, Valerie

Magic Love Crow said...

Merry Christmas Deb ;o) I'm happy things went well for you, and you remained stress-free o) I am so happy you like Deb's stone she made you ;o) I only bugged her a little! LOL! I can't wait to see what you make with the medallion ;o) Big Hugs ;o)(I will let Deb know about the post. She will be touched!)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, you lucky gal. I am thrilled for you. That very, very personal stone is so thoughtful and SO appropriate. That would have put me over the top, I'm sure.

Glad you had a great stress-free Christmas. Thats's the kind I like, too. Happy Boxing Day.

Jeannette said...

OOoh I love your unice stones and christmas card.
so beautiful.
happy new year and all the best for you.

XXX Jeannette

Flowermouse Design said...

Beautiful gifts!!! And so well deserved!!!

Willow said...

Very, very cool !

see you there! said...

What nice goodies. The etched stone is so interesting. I'm going to have to go visit the blog and she what else she does.

Happy New Year a little early.

Darla

Christine Bennett said...

What a fun gift! Have a lovely new year!

Gloria said...

Sounds like your holiday was a juggling act- glad you had a memorable time. The stone and charm are lovely- the stone looks very interesting- your add on beading is something to look forward to seeing.

Have a good rest of the holiday and all the best for 2014!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh the moose charm is darling!

Have a very Happy New Year!

Denise Price said...

Those are some great gifts that you received. Little keepsakes from friends can mean so much.

Happy (almost) New Year!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Hey Deb stopping in to wish you a very happy new year and the very best for 2014. We made another one.
Nicole/Beadwright

Laurie said...

I just found you today from Stacy;s blog, Happy new year! Beautiful work you do and I love love the name of your blog!!!!