Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tea Tuesday Sea Tea Art

Now try to say that title three times fast! Today I am linking up with Bleubeard and Elizabeth for a tea art themed post.

I have a half dozen or so tea bags that I have been saving to use in an art project, and finally was inspired to do something with them for T Tuesday.  You can enlarge the photo to see all the details.

I had no idea what I wanted to do when I started this project, but the first thing I did was take some pan watercolors and splash on some color.  It reminded me of the beach so I went with that idea.  The darker vertical bars are where I chose to fold the bag rather than just cut it to size.

You can probably tell that I made the sea themed pieces along the bottom using the tags.  The first item is supposed to look like some coral, followed by a sand dollar, and seashell with dyed strings as accents. Next came a starfish and lastly a crab.  I added a few accents here and there on the tags with Sakura pens. 

Thanks for stopping by--I hope you enjoyed seeing my tea art today. 

22 comments:

see you there! said...

Clever you! I enlarged the picture so I could really see all the details. I hope others do that too because the details are great.

Darla

~*~Patty S said...

hahaa
yes you had me going for a bit reading your subject line ;)

Super use of tea bags AND tags...very creative!

I have a mad stash of dried bags that need opening and flattening...I should have done that on our back porch when the weather was warmer!

Happy T Day
oxo

Bridget Larsen said...

Wow that is prettygood, they look like curtains to me and the puppets dancing in front of it

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, great idea to make a sea/beachscape from tea bags! Hugs, Valerie

girlunwinding said...

Oh that is such a great piece! I love all the tea elements you used. Fantastic
Happy T to you,
Dawn

Halle said...

What a fun tea theme piece!
Happy Tuesday!

AntiquityTravelers said...

that is really cool! I love how you created this!

Flowermouse Design said...

That is so creative Debbie!!!! I love reading about your tea times :-)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

You just keep amazing me. So cleaver.
Nicole/Beadwright

Denise Price said...

Great idea!!! I love this piece.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Color me incredibly impressed. Leave it to you to make sea creatures out of tea tags. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me, including the dyed tea tag strings. This is a very, very clever and awe inspiring T entry.

Thanks for joining T today and sharing this inspiring post.

dawn said...

Hello, I tried to say your title 3 times but had to go very slowly, then fast and could only do it twice.

These are so cute, I love the creative thinking behind them. So CUTE!!
Thanks for sharing and Happy T Day!

Ariel said...

Your sea theme has come out well. I especially love the color and texture of the background.

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Very clever use of materials. I especially love the crab.

Krisha said...

Clever art, and I knew what they were before you described them.
Love the way it all turned out, thanks for sharing!

voodoo vixen said...

Love the teabag background with the muted shades and texture and how clever of you to use the tags to make the sea critters!

dawn said...

Hello again, sorry for the confusion on posting to my blog twice. I did two posts on the same day and linked up the wrong one to T Time. They did have a couple of the same pictures, was sharing them at two places is all. Thanks so much for BOTH your comments. No more double posts in one day, you weren't the only one who did that. Sorry for any troubles and confusion.
Have a great day !

Nan G said...

So cool! Love it! Great little sea creatures along the bottom. T is good even if it's enjoyed a day late. :) Hugs

Crystal said...

I love how this came out. The sea creatures are a wonderful addition. :-)

Melissa said...

Very,very fun.

Magic Love Crow said...

This is so cool Deb! You should make a tea bag aceo ;o) xoxox

Rita said...

Pretty recycling!
Very late T-Day! :)