Tuesday, November 19, 2013

T Stands for....

 What was I Thinking?

Hi Everyone! I am really late linking up to Elizabeth's T Stands For Tuesday , but I have a really good excuse.  Those of you who have visited my blog before, may have seen the post where I showed my craft space which doubles really is the room we keep our washer/dryer and winter clothes line in.  Just in case you missed it, here is the photo again...kind of a before photo:
So looking into this narrow 7' (2.1336 m) wide x 12' (3.6576 m) long room, the above is just part of what is on the left wall.  Just above (out of the photo) is the clothesline.  Beyond the rolling cart on the right are bins of beads, magazines, and paper crafting supplies.  The right wall is taken up by the washer & dryer. The room ends in a bathroom that has a stall shower--you can just see the frosted door in the next photo.  Since we don't use the shower unless we have guests stay over, it is filled with, yes, you guessed it--craft supplies!  The reason I am being specific is because the room now looks like this:
Under those tarps are the desk (now empty), the washer & dryer, and you can just see into the bathroom.  Here is another view to show the floor.  What you cannot see is the area where the floor is badly discolored by the sun and spots where tiles have come up.
I think I have been inspired by seeing all the organizing of craft rooms lately--especially when our hostess redid her basement though perhaps, not for the same reason as I remember her shelving collapsed.  Anyway, I got it in my head that I needed a new floor before the holidays.  We host family and friends on Christmas Eve and a different group Christmas Day--virtually the only time we have a house full.  I decided if I was going to clear everything out (refer to first photo) than I was going to paint at the same time--I'm only going to do this once.  So Sunday was spent buying the paint, floor, and new trim. Yesterday and today were spent painting the room with two coats of paint.  I'm getting muscles pushing those three items around in the room so I can get to each wall!  Tomorrow I hope to start the floor. After that, I have to put everything back in such a way that it is more organized, accessible and neat! I hope to have an after photo next Tea Day!

I did take a break for a quick lunch of yogurt and tea but forgot to take a photo!



15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, you are really big-time busy, looks like a lot of work, and you will surely have aching muscles - but it will be good when t is done! Take it easy! Hugs, Valerie

Flowermouse Design said...

That is hard work!! But there is something really nice by cleaning out and get it all new!!! Good luck!!

Denise Price said...

Good job on this HUGE project. I bet you'll be pleased with the end result, even if the process is a lot of work. Happy T Day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not the least bit envious of the job you have ahead of you, but am sympathetic. I, for one, know how hard it is to reorganize and redo everything. Thankfully, I didn't have to paint any walls, but I will have to touch up the floor where I scraped into it and pulled up the paint.

You have given yourself a tight time frame for this project. I'm sure if I had done the same, it would have gone quicker, but procrastination seemed to be the name of my game. I look forward to your progress as well as the big reveal in a week (or so). Good luck.

Thanks for sharing T today. And don't worry about being late. You have a really, really good excuse.

~*~Patty S said...

It is still Tuesday here in Northern Virginia Debbie :)

I am sure once the dust has settled you will really enjoy all of your home improvements and I salute you!

Happy T Day
oxo

Magic Love Crow said...

Crazy lady!! Deb, I wish you all the best! I know everything will turn out great! Stop buying supplies! LOL!

see you there! said...

You chose a busy time of year to do all that work. Me? I would have just shut the door. Maybe installed a lock, HAHAHA

Darla

Dianne said...

oh my goodness, an ambitious project but I think you'll be pleased when you're done. your desk has a strong resemblance to my 'spare bedroom' so it's familiar...I should probably be planning to do this too! good luck sweetie! happy Tuesday!

Gloria said...

I'm cheering you on- I know these projects are ambitious and tiring! Can't wait to see your Ta Da! when it's all done. (I see my ornament on the drawer pull- I can't do smileys on this new computer.)

Jenny Woolf said...

It is so satisfying to get something cleared up and sorted out. I'm doing that this morning, in between checking blogs.

AntiquityTravelers said...

How exciting! Lots of hard work, but will be so rewarding to have a wonderful new work space!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

I am tired already. LOL The work is long and hard but the results are so satisfying. You will love the new space and I can't wait to see it.
Nicole/Beadwright

Melissa said...

Seriously ambitious!!

IrelandBrady said...

That is some SERIOUS ambition! You are going for TOTAL make over! Kudoos to you! You Go Girl!

Rita said...

Oh Gosh! I can hardly wait to see this when it is all finished! :) Happy T-Day late.