Friday, November 8, 2013

Friesen Friday

Hi Everyone!  It seems like I haven't posted a Freisen Project in awhile.  This month we are working with Christi Friesen's book, Polymer Clay and Mixed Media Together At Last.  It is another awesome book chock full of information, examples & suggestions mixed with Christi's wit and style.  Some of the book includes similar projects to those in the Dragons or Birds books, as well as those in Under The Sea.  I decided to take some of what I am learning from this month's book to continue making some more glow-in-the-dark ghoulies.
Left to right they are:

"Gulp"  (whose real name is Barney--I asked him twice and that is what he said, LOL) He includes a lampwork bead fish and a steampunk collar.  He has lots of texture and a shiny green mica finish.

"Zerk" has one red eye, feathers for hair, and he likes to eat keys.
 
"Mel" a happy go-lucky monster with gear wings, gold horns, and red wiry hair.

Can you tell I had a lot of fun naming these and listening to their stories?

Have a happy, creative weekend everyone!

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

They are all gorgeous, but Mel is my fave! Hugs, Valerie

Regina said...

Loved this post and so love your characters.

Hugs,
Regi

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

You are so funny and fun. Great characters
Nicole/Beadwright

Dianne said...

oh my, these little monsters are sooo adorable! love the curly hair and teeth on the one on the right!

Magic Love Crow said...

I LOVE them!!! They are so cute!!

Melissa said...

Very cute - I love Mel...

Nan G said...

So fab! Love 'Gulp'! But anyone of them could come live me. :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are not just clever, they are well crafted, too. And your humor shows in each of these monsters.

You don't want to know why I haven't visited. Let's just say I was busy cleaning my yard and preparing for the "big chill." I understand it's already hit your area and there is more on the way. Sorry I'm late getting here, though.

see you there! said...

I would really like to see these fella's glowing. Cute as can be.

Darla

Jeannette said...

Ooh what a fun post!!Love this little creatures,love mel.

Greetings Jeannette