Monday, October 14, 2013

Tea Tuesday

Hi Everyone!  Life is busy, but not particularly interesting so in order to participate this week in Bluebeard and Elizabeth's Tea Tuesday link-up, I had to get a little more creative.  I decided to go outside and take some photos of Trees! The first two are to share a little Autumn color with anyone who still has plenty of green around. These were taken down the street from our house.  In the first photo, you can see the road.  Everything beyond the road--grass, trees, etc. is call the "park district" and is public property.

 I always enjoy taking a photo looking up a tree trunk. Since it was late afternoon, this was the best I could do since the sun was right there.  I did my best to block it out with a tree branch.

The next two photos were taken around the corner from us. 
I thought this (?) moss or lichen looked interesting.  Doesn't seem to be bothering the tree much.
I loved the tangle of branches growing here.  Again, doesn't seem to be bothering the tree as they have been like this for years.  Here is a close up of the bottom:
And finally, I'll leave you with one more tree....one I am making.
I wrapped a foam cone with yarn and decorated the base with some heavy paper and trim.  The ball on top is sprayed with 18kt gold paint, spray gold glitter & then clear sealer.  It rotates & plays music (Lara's Theme) .  Still a work in progress, I think!

Happy Tea Tuesday! Thanks for visiting my Tree post!




16 comments:

Willow said...

Isn't creativity such a wonderful gift ! Love your steampunk ghoul too !! :)))

AntiquityTravelers said...

interesting pictures ... so wild how the base of the tree grew?!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Ah nature! It's amazing what you find when you take a walk near your home. Those trees are stunning, and that river? or lake? is beautiful. Looks like it's full, too.

You asked if my latest AB has a theme. Not yet, but I should probably call it "whatever is on my mind," or "whatever scraps I have available at the time (grin)."

I fell in love with your handmade tree. I decorate exclusively with trees (and rocking horses, of course) for Christmas.

Have a super TREE Tuesday.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wanted to tell you I went in and changed your link. It didn't take you to the right spot, and I still can't figure out how to use that removal tool.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wanted to tell you I went in and changed your link. It didn't take you to the right spot, and I still can't figure out how to use that removal tool.

Maudieroff Roffey said...

Hi Debbie - love trees - they are so "old, enormous, wild and interesting" - especially the one with the corkscrew at the bottom - they just get passed any obstacles and get on with growing - what a fabulous philosophy!! Too deep for this time of day?? LOL - have a fabulous week Happy T for Tuesday... Mxx #3

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the tree photos, the one with the twisted stem is wonderful. The one you are making looks great, too! Hugs, Valerie

voodoo vixen said...

I love to look at trees and their trunks, you have captured some lovely images and your cord tree is a gem indeed!

~*~Patty S said...

Happy T day to you...
I Love trees and nature very much.
Thank you for sharing your lovely photos!
We do not have much color here in N VA yet...still hoping it will happen like in years past.
The lovely tree you made plays Laura's Theme = oh be still my ♥ = what a treasure you've created!
oxo

Halle said...

Looks like a beautiful area to walk in. Your little tree is very cute. I started a tree collection a couple Christmases ago.
Happy Tuesday!

see you there! said...

Great to see your area. So nice to have open land fairly close by. Like all the trees including the one you made.

Darla

Denise Price said...

Happy T Day! You got some great tree photos. I especially like the one that was taken looking up the tree trunk. The branches of that one appear to fan out like fingers on a hand, which is a cool effect.

Krisha said...

I am so glad to see that I am NOT the only person that loves to take pictures of trees!! This time of year is always breath taking. Love your hand made tree, very clever idea!
Happy T-day

Dianne said...

Really lovely trees today! I love fall foliage and the water is beautiful and looks so peaceful...fun Christmas tree too. I do like white for Christmas!

Spyder said...

Great trees, I love the twisted one, I suppose that could be ivy, but then maybe 'knot' as the tree looks tooo young to have such a thick 'ivy' trunk wrapped round it, or maybe it's just a lot of branches. There's a couple of trees sort of near me, a very young oak and a breech, one of their branches has grown into the other and you can't tell which tree this branch belongs to, it's like they're 'holding hands!'

Happy T day!
((Lyn))

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I love your photos, especially that twisted tree! So cool! You live in a beautiful area! The tree you are making is so nice! Very creative! Hey Deb, you never answered about the monster???? Not to be pushy! LOL! Hugs ;o)