Friday, October 11, 2013

Steampunk Ghoulie!

Hi everyone! I created another steampunk project inspired by Christie Friesen's book, Steampunkery, and coincidentally also the subject of The Friesen Project this week.
Grungy, isn't he?  A rusty screw & key form his arms, and he has gear teeth and two half gears form wings.  I rubbed on some coppery color mica powder here & there to add to the grunge. He is made from glow-in-the-dark clay--here is the best (blurry) photo I could get, but I think you get the idea:
From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!

-Scottish prayer

Have a happy, creative weekend everyone! There are still a few days to enter my birthday giveaway.

6 comments:

see you there! said...

Scary! I didn't know there was such a thing as glow in the dark clay. Very good job.

Darla

Flowermouse Design said...

Uhu - what a guy!! He is a bit scary but also cute at the same time. Very cool with the glow in the dark clay!! A happy creative weekend to you too!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

He is gorgeous - what a sweet ghouly! I have never heard of glow-in-the-dark clay, looks great! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You make steampunk come to life for me. I love your ghoulish guy! What fun.

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I Love him!! Are you putting him in your shop? He is so cool!!!!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

A perfect little creature for the season!