Friday, October 4, 2013

Steampunk Dragonfly

Hi Everyone! I had some time to play with clay again and completed another project for The Friesen Project hosted by Katers Acres.  Click on the link in my sidebar if you want to see what it is all about.  This time I made a Christi Friesen inspired dragonfly. I'm doing my best to look at the project in Christi's book and then
complete it on my own, so there is at least some of my style in it.
Again, I am all about using what I have, although I did buy a bag of these gear thingies since I didn't think I could do without them.  Anything that looks like a screw in this project is actually clay.  The decorative piece on the thorax is an ornament cap that I heated with a flame to give it an aged patina.  I made holes in each of the top wings so I can hang it. I made another fun little steampunk project that I will show you next time.

Have a happy creative weekend everyone!

9 comments:

Denise Price said...

That is sooooo cool! I love dragonflies.

Jenny Woolf said...

Lovely dragonfly! my cousin would like that, she is into steampunk!

AntiquityTravelers said...

very cool dragonfly! love the steampunk look

Valerie-Jael said...

I just LOVE it! What a wonderful creation! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's the perfect steampunk dragonfly. I'm super impressed with the screw heads, too. This is incredibly awesome!

see you there! said...

Oh, I like this a lot! Dragonflies are showing up on several blogs I visit. Must be the time of year.

Darla

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Debbie this is so beautiful!! Great execution. Well done.
Nicole/Beadwright

KatersAcres said...

Your dragonfly is great!! Thank you for being so active and participating!

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, amazing!! I love this dragonfly!! You should make a funky crow like this ;o) Just saying ;o) Cough! LOL!