Thursday, October 31, 2013

More Trees!

Hi everyone!  I finally finished up the last two revolving, musical trees.  I went for a more rustic, organic look--something that someone might enjoy all year long rather than a holiday themed tree.
This one is wound twice with jute and the criss-crossed up and down with more jute.  I did the knob the same with 18K gold spray paint, gold glitter and a clear sealer on top.  The bottom is covered with a piece of paper that looks like cork and is wrapped with jute around the edge.
I wrapped this one twice with the same pattern on top as the jute tree. I used a homespun yarn that is brown with gold & reddish highlights.  Another piece of coordinating heavy weight paper finished off the base. 

I'm off to do some claying and taste test the Halloween candy!  Have a happy, safe Halloween!


10 comments:

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

These are so nice, I really love that green one! The texture of the yarn really stands out beautifully.

Valerie-Jael said...

These are gorgeous! Have fun testing the cabdy! Hugs, Valerie

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

These are very cool. I do like the rustic look.
Happy Halloween
Nicole/Beadwright

see you there! said...

I like the rustic look and the texture of these. Hope you enjoy the candy :-)

Darla

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are really charming, and look very festive, too.

Magic Love Crow said...

Love both trees Deb! You did a great job! That grey angel is still looking at me! LOL! Big Hugs ;o)

Nina John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AntiquityTravelers said...

I really like their rustic feel! wonderfully done!

Jenny Woolf said...

They're clever! hope you enjoyed your Halloween.

Flowermouse Design said...

These are absolutely lovely Debbie. I love the way you you wrap the yarn around the trees. Simply amazing in all its glory!!