Thursday, October 3, 2013

Happy (Birthday) Mail

Hi Everyone! Today I want to show you some Happy Mail that I received from Stacy of MagicLoveCrow.  I know most all of you who visit my blog are familiar with Stacy, but if you have not been introduced to this talented artist, please stop by her shop and website & say hello.  Now before I show off what Stacy gave me for my birthday, I have to tell you a little story--hope you don't mind Stacy!

Stacy was determined to get this gift to me on time for my birthday (Oct. 2) so she made sure to ship (from Canada) extra early--in fact she shipped it the first week of September.  She kept wondering why I never said anything until the package found its way back to her  doorstep! After a few back and forth conversations about my address, she went directly to the post office and mailed it again.  The next day, a lady from a few streets over is at her door with the package so upset because the package keeps coming to her and she didn't know what to do.  Ironically and coincidentally this lady's street name was the same as mine...so all this time, the package kept getting mailed but never made it out of the same town!  Of course, we were both relieved and I was delighted when at last it did arrive (still in plenty of time, too!)
Stacy knows that I adore anything Egypt, Native American, or purple, and she personalized the painting and aceos just for me.  What she didn't know at the time is that I also like big cat prints like the goddess in the painting is wearing.  These beautiful paintings plus the amazing card all made me feel like a goddess for a day.  Thank you dear Stacy!

7 comments:

Flowermouse Design said...

Truly a wonderful gift!!! And what a story!! I am glad the gift finally made it to you Debbie!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Debbie ;o) I am so happy it finally arrived! Funny, how we have the same street in my town and I didn't even know! LOL! You know what, I did know you like big cat prints, because I can read minds ;o) Just teasing! LOL! Happy Birthday Month Goddess Debbie ;o) Hugs ;o)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Happy happy birthday. Stacey is a very special lady. What a beautiful gift.
Nicole/Beadwright

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What a beautiful work of art! May you have a wonderful week!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful surprise, even if it did have a long journey! Enjoy! Valerie

Rita said...

Sweet gift!!
Something similar happened to me mailing from North Dakota to Labrador Canada. I had mailed previous letters, no problem. But once one came back to me saying it was undeliverable-address unknown--LOL! I wrote in big letters--Look again!--and sent it off. That time it got delivered. ;)

Bluebell Woods said...

wow.....yes I know Stacy's work and love it. The Egyptian stuff is awesome. I especially like the one on the right, the colours are just beautful. Happy Birthday
Janice