Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tea Tuesday!

Hi everyone! First I want to thank everyone who commented about the brand of heat gun they use--it was really helpful to have this good info!  Today I am joining Elizabeth and Bluebeard's Tea Tuesday at lunchtime, so I am drinking a half glass of Cranberry Acai Berry.  This is supposed to be healthy, but I must admit the taste has to grow on me! Anyway, you'll see my glass sitting on the marble table/plant stand on the right in the photo below.
Last week, when I showed my buffet display, Elizabeth was interested to see the "piece" to the right.  Well, it is this wooden plant stand that you got a sneak peak of.  I believe it was made by someone in my husband's family which is where the marble table also came from.  These are actually two of the three plant stands we have.  Here is the other:
This one is very heavy, ceramic or some sort of bisque, with a leafy pattern.  Right now it resides in our bedroom, without a plant, but still beautiful.  I really enjoy having these family pieces displayed.

I've been working on some altered charms for a swap I am participating in--a new undertaking for me!  I just sent them out to the organizer, and since the few guidelines did not say to keep them secret....
We were to make 5 same/like charms per set, and, of course, I had to get some bead work in there someplace!  I hope they will be enjoyed by the recipients--I'll show off the ones I receive in return sometime in October when they will actually be swapped!

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be visiting everyone a bit later on!



11 comments:

Halle said...

Family heirlooms and such are important to me as well.
Those charms are really fun!!
Happy Tuesday!

Denise Price said...

Happy T Day! Hope you're having a good lunch. Your three plant stands are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them today. Your charms are ├╝ber-cool, and I love how you incorporated the puzzle pieces.

Valerie-Jael said...

The plant stands are both treasures, especially the leafy one, it is so unusual. And your charms are fantastic, really charming! Hugs, Valerie

voodoo vixen said...

Lovely plant stands, the second one is gorgeous, the colours in it are wonderful. Your charms look great witht he little jigsaw pieces and dangly bits!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I cannot believe how late I am getting here. I went shopping today instead of tomorrow, and when I got home, I could barely walk. So, after putting everything away, I laid down and just got up a few minutes ago. Sorry I’m late.

Thank you for showing the plant stand. I have a couple, but mine are purchased. One has 1904 on the bottom, but it's rather plain. Very mission style, like some pieces I own (like my library table). Yours not only contain beauty, they are all filled with family love, memories, and charm.

Those charms are simply incredible. I wish I was a recipient. I bet everyone who gets one will be as thrilled as they can be.

Thanks for stopping by for T today. Again, sorry your host is so very late getting here.

see you there! said...

Nice plant stands and even nicer that they are family treasures. Your charms are going to delight the people who receive them I'm sure.

Darla

Maudieroff Roffey said...

Beautiful plant stands - I love having family creations around me to the point where my sister was disgusted that I grabbed one of the "vases" she made in high school from the bin when she left home... I still have it packed away in a box somewhere - Have a great week - Mxx

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

I love that ceramic plant stand. : )

Magic Love Crow said...

I love your plant stands!! That ceramic one is gorgeous!! Your charms are cool! Pieces of puzzles you used? You are so creative!!! Take care Goddess Deb ;o)

Dianne said...

truly lovely plant stands...and your charms are very striking! love the fall colors/beads!

Bluebell Woods said...

I love them, what a great job. You just have such a knack of putting things together,
Janice