Thursday, September 12, 2013

Are you a skygazer?

Did you know it is possible to see the International Space Station (as well as some satellites) with the naked eye?  Well, armed with the right information you can do just that. 

 
Image credit: Wikipedia

All you need to know is what time it is visible in your area, what direction to look and the trajectory.  You can find that information (and more) on Nasa's Spot the Station website. At various times and dates it is visible all over the world.

Give it a try--it's pretty incredible!



8 comments:

Sunshineshelle said...

Yes Yes, love doing this on a picnic rug on the dunes at Wooli, sky so bright it really is gazing at the heavens - although we take our laptop to help name constellations and always spot the satellites because of their speed across the the vista. Shooting stars(?) often & wished upon :)

Deb said...

How cool! We have been seein Venus

Valerie-Jael said...

I would love to see it, I must inform myself! Hugs, Valerie

AntiquityTravelers said...

hmmm, I didn't know that. very cool

see you there! said...

DH points them out to me sometimes. I'll have to give him the link to look at.

Darla

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks for this information and the link. I may actually try to find it if it shows up in my area.

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

Wow! That is pretty neat Debbie! I have to try that but I'm not very lucky with these things. I wanted to see the recent meteor shower and posted it on my calendar but when the days arrived, so did the clouds and I didn't see a thing! ;-(

Magic Love Crow said...

Very cool Deb! Never knew this, thank you!