Tuesday, August 6, 2013

T Tuesday

It's time for sharing on T Stands For Tuesday. Once again, thank you to Elizabeth for hosting this fun weekly event. For more info, please click on any link above or on my sidebar.

I have been looking around for some time for some sort of tool holder, other than the tin cans I currently use on my desk, to hold my many pliers. Since I am a real
hoarder collector of "stuff" I have made it my mission to purchase only consumable supplies and otherwise use what I have.
I came across this wooden box that was sitting around in the basement and thought I would see if it could work.  The wood is really substandard...no amount of sanding made it smooth.
I gave it two coats of stain that included polyurethane that was left over from another project.  It looks better, but is still rough in places.  I guess I won't let the roughness bother me too much, since it will be a functional holder rather than a decorative piece.
I set it up this morning next to my Twinings English Breakfast Tea to see what it would look like.  Yes, that is my everyday mug.  I think the holder will work well, but I can already see that the rod where I will hang the tools will need some felt covering so the wood doesn't get chewed up or the tools damaged.  It does make a nice little storage place; a little boring plain, but serviceable.  I think I see a little decorating coming up next!

Thanks for stopping by for T today--I'm off to start visiting everyone else!


23 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

What a great new use for the wooden holder...I am sure you will enjoy it!
Your cup of tea looks inviting
Happy T day to you
oxo

Divers and Sundry said...

we have a wooden box similar to this one around here somewhere. if memory serves, it was part of a cub scout experience.

i like the cup, and i like the english breakfast tea, so you're making me feel right at home :)

Valerie-Jael said...

It looks great, and will be a big help keeping all your stuff together!
Hugs, Valerie

Aranthe said...

That's a great save for the wooden holder. I've multiple pairs of pliers, cutters, etc. for my bead work, but I like your idea far better than the slotted wooden boxes sold for the purpose.

Dianne said...

I love these kinds of projects...and it does look a lot better! Clever way to store your tools...happy Tuesday!

Spyder said...

Your tool holder looks fabulous and shiny! and of coursewe HAVE to have Nutella in our coffee and hot chocolate!! Happy T Time
((Lyn))

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a clever way to repurpose that wooden box. You are SO clever. I can't wait to see it all decorated. Knowing you, it will have beads and polymer clay (grin).

Krisha said...

What a great idea, and it turned out so pretty!
Happy T DAY

Melissa said...

It looks like a very functional little box. Good job.

Halle said...

I love the "new" little tool box. It looks like it should work quite nicely for you.
Happy Tuesday!
PS...thanks for stopping by my blog!

voodoo vixen said...

Now that is clever, you used something old and gave it a new lease of life and it works well!

dawn said...

What a great idea to hold your pliers, looks good to me. Of course, it's always fun to add some pretty things to our projects.
I have had that kind of tea before, thinking of enjoying a cup now on Tuesday's while I blog hop around to say hello to everyone.
Thanks for sharing and for your visit to my blog. Happy Tuesday!

girlunwinding said...

That is brilliant and I love the swirls on your everyday mug. I don't even know what that is as I am a mug whore and have more that enough designs and shapes to choose from depending on my fancy that morning! LOL
Happy T day
Peace~
Dawn

Marianne said...

Love the holder and I am chuckling at Dawn's comment as she calls herself a mug whore.

Denise Price said...

Thanks for visiting my blog for T Tuesday. Congratulations on finishing your tool holder project! With the new tool caddy and the yummy cup of tea, you look like you're ready for anything. :)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Ohhhh that is awesome!!!!!! Wonderful job.
Nicole/Beadwright

okienurse said...

great repurposing of an item that might have otherwise ended up in the dump! I love recycling! This is awesome as a tool box too! Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Magic Love Crow said...

Good job Deb! I use tupperware cups to hold my stuff! LOL! It works for me ;o) LOL!

Maudieroff Roffey said...

Just a flying visit for T for Tuesday - late but happy to see everyone this week... Cheers Mxx #23

AntiquityTravelers said...

Nice! I have about 3 of these just like it .... I have quite a ridiculous collection of tools :)

Cazzy said...

Happy late T for Tuesday! Your box was a good find, and is perfect for the job.

All of my mint is in big pots to stop it spreading, I didn't realise that lemon balm is related to mint and that is going crazy in the garden!


Cazzy x

Rita said...

Very clever idea for repurposing the wooden holder. Belated happy T. ;)

see you there! said...

I think your wooden box is going to work well storage. You can see what tools you have which is important. Sometimes I think I spend more time looking for something than I do creating.

Darla