Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tea Time!

Hi Everyone! It's time to join Elizabeth and Bluebeard our wonderful hosts for T Tuesday!  As you may have figured out by now, you do not have to drink tea to join in the fun.  Just talk about or show anything you'd like, include any beverage in your photo, link up, and have fun visiting all the other participants.  Here is the link for this week's post.

I was inspired by posts on Scrap Happens Here and Bastelmania to create something I had never tried before...Twinchies!  If you don't already know these two talented artists, trust me, a visit will be well worth your time.  I did some research on Twinchies and found that the only criteria is that they measure 2" x 2".  I decided to make a collection with an animal theme, again using just what I have on hand.  Here are my first three along with my afternoon cup of Darjeeling tea:
 A little closer up:
I cut 2 x 2 inch pieces from the back of a watercolor tablet and added some scraps of paper. The little hedgehog was in an advertisement that I saved from the trash. I used a gold paint pen to darken the edges.
For this one, I wiped, then swiped the card on an orange ink pad so it bled onto the paper.  I added a feather mane and some orange sparkle glue, and the gem on the top left is a matching bright orange (gifted to me by Bastelmania).
This solid pink background was actually the reverse side of a patterned piece of paper. I like it for its texture which is hard to see in the photo, but not really for the color.  I added some washi tape and a decorative corner.  By the time I backed the bear and added his flower crown, most of the background was covered up so I liked it better.   Now I have to do a little more research to figure out how I might bind these or create some sort of folder.  Thanks Annette and Valerie for the inspiration!
Thanks for joining me for T on Tuesday!






19 comments:

Flowermouse Design said...

Extraordinary - what a great way to serve tea!! Never seen this before - thank you for sharing!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your twinchies are gorgeous, love the extras you added to give them depth! Thanks, too, for the honorable mention! Hugs, Valerie

Tracey said...

You learn something new everyday... I have never heard of twinchies before. Thanks for sharing.

Halle said...

I have yet to try twinches. I've made 2 inchies and that was super hard!! Maybe I'll give it a try now that two of you have inspired me today with the size. :)
Happy Tuesday!

see you there! said...

Twinchies are tiny, don't know if I could work that small but you did a terrific job of it.

Darla

Marianne said...

sweet tiny art. Love the giraffe!

voodoo vixen said...

Blush... i would never refer to myself as an artist... messer about with paper and glue would probably cover it nicely! So glad you have been inspired to try a twinchie or three and what fab ones they are! Love the theme and the pictures.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thought inchies were way too small, so I tried a few twinchies and they weren't much easier. It takes a special person to make them work. Yours are so adorable, especially that giraffe. Loved the texture you gave it. Very clever, and with using leftovers, it made me even happier to see.

Thanks for sharing this twinchie tale adventure during T today.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I just read your question about the rocking horse. Sorry, dear. It's not really the largest (or the most expensive) horse. Check out this post:

http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2012/01/woyww-137-rock-on.html

Scroll down a bit and you'll see a couple more that are at least as large as the rocker that's on my front porch. Just thought you would like to know that each and every one is very special to me, as is the ONLY beaded one I own (grin).

Divers and Sundry said...

i love your little nature twinchies. i had never heard of these 'til recently, but i like the idea.

Krisha said...

Love your twinchies!
Happt T day

dawn said...

I just LOVE LOVE your twinchies here, so cute!! Thanks for posting the links, will check them out. I love anything little and might jus give these a try.

Happy Tuesday!

Denise Price said...

Great job on your twinchies! I love their whimsical details--the giraffe's fuzzy mane, the bear's floral crown, and that über-cute hedgie!

Happy T day!

Jenny Woolf said...

They are delightful! I have heard of "inchies" which are the same except just one inch square... but not twinches.

Maudieroff Roffey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maudieroff Roffey said...

Hi Debbie - oops don't know what I did then - Loving your Twinchies - esp the bear with the floral headdress... thanks for stopping by - Happy T for Tuesday...Mxx

Magic Love Crow said...

These are so cute Deb! I have never heard of these before! Love the bear ;o) Hope you enjoyed your tea ;o) Hugs ;o)

Gloria said...

I thought the bear was wearing a hat made of cookies- what can I say, I need new glasses! Love the sweet series.

Cazzy said...

Hi CM,

I am attempting to go round all the T for Tuesday and WOYWW commenters that I haven't caught up with for two weeks now, and I have a whole lot of catching up to do!

I love your funny animals on your Twinchies!

Cazzy x