Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Round-up

Hi Everyone!  This week just flew by for me--helping to organize our daughter to get ready to move into a quad dorm in New York City over Labor Day.  This is another new experience for all of us, and I am trying not to freak out too much about driving into "The City" as native New Yorker's call it.  Add to that that my girl loves clothes, shoes, coats, etc., and always packs too much, and I can foresee some Mom miracle packing time coming up.  But, the good news is that in addition to going to Grad School 3 nights a week, she will have a very decent paying first job at least 3 days a week!

Besides working on making some small poinsettias for a wreath, here is the only project I managed this week:
A small vase of 13 violets in various shades of purple in this (heavy) unique little green vase.  Violets, hmmm, maybe I am trying to hold onto summer a little longer!  The Autumn energy hasn't kicked in yet, but running around in my mind are trees, a bathtub, mushrooms, and maybe a squirrel or owl or both!

Have a happy creative weekend everyone!

11 comments:

Flowermouse Design said...

The flowers are gorgeous Debbie. Good luck with packing and driving!!!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful flowers in a gorgeous vase. Glad you got your daughter settled! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

They grow up so fast, don't they? I'd be more worried about your daughter living in the city than I would be driving in the city. Of course, it all depends on where in the city it is, I suspect.

It's nice to read that she already has a job, especially since many grads are without jobs, or return home only to ask "do you want fries with that burger?"

Of course, the real reason for this comment is the lovely lovely flowers. I can actually imagine how heavy that vase is. It is a great accompaniment to the delicate violets. Stunning.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh what a transition you and your dear daughter will soon be making. I will be hoping for smooth sailing. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Your flowers turned out beautiful! I love the vase! Very funky! I wish you all the best packing for your daughter and for driving into the city! I know if I have to drive into Toronto, I freak! I rarely do it! LOL! Ok, in your mind right now, are trees, a bathtub, mushrooms and a squirrel and owl?? Have you been drinking too much wine? LOL! Hugs ;o)

see you there! said...

Hope you can fit all your daughters clothing into the car, LOL! The violets and the vase are so well suited to one another, a very nice arrangement.

Darla

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Good luck with your daughter's move. Love your pretty flowers. Beautiful, as always.

Denise Price said...

The violets are pretty, and I especially like the texture and pattern of the leaves.

Willow said...

Very pretty colors and texture.

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Hi Debbie. The above post is pretty cool but I love these flowers. Your French flower art always impresses me so much.
Nicole/Beadwright

Bluebell Woods said...

I bought this bunch of violets and it is exquisite. Such lovey work. I highly recommend the bead work. I want mors
Janice