Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tea-less is okay, too!

Hi everyone! I'm joining up with Elizabeth's T Stands For Tuesday even though I am a bit late!  I'm also Tea-less today which our host says is okay.

Since I might be new to some of the participants, I thought today I would do a little "getting to know you" type of post.  I was born on a Tuesday in October, but unlike the poem, I don't consider myself "full of grace ".  Sometimes, just the opposite.  I'm more of a Monkee's "dream child".  Always dreaming of places I'd like to visit, things I like to do, and projects I'd like to craft.  My interests are all over the place; but if I had to narrow it down, I would say beading, painting, and cooking are at the top of the list.  I have always been inspired by Southwestern and Native American art although my ancestry is Italian on both sides. I am married 22 years this August & we have one daughter who just graduated college & is headed off to Grad School.  We live 75 miles north of New York City in a small town of about 8,500 people.  Having grown up in a city of over 50,000, it is quite a change--and I love it!  Now before I bore you to tears, let me get on with the rest of my T (less) Tuesday post!

I promise that I really do craft...but for today, I am sharing another favorite meat-less lunch.  Quesidillas! Fun, quick to make, and very versatile!
I use a burrito-size flour tortilla and in this case layered on shredded cheddar cheese, red onions, sliced red pepper and some homemade guacamole (recipe below).  I simply heat it until the cheese melts & lightly brown it on both sides and...
paired with a glass of orange flavored sparkling seltzer, this is one of my favorites! 

Guacamole--This is my quick and easy method to make a small amount
1 ripe avocado
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
chopped onion--I used a Vidalia onion which is a sweet onion
chopped tomato with the seeds removed
salt & pepper (I consider these optional)

I put everything in a mini food chopper and blended it until smooth.  You could chop some of the avocado and add it in after everything is blended if you like more texture.  I'm not big on measuring but 1 teaspoon of lemon juice seems to be enough for this to remain fresh for a few days.

Thanks for stopping by to visit--I'm going to visit everyone now else now.

If you have time, click on the link above and see what everyone else is up to.  Better still, join us!

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Yummy, I think I will have to join you for a meal! Hugs, Valerie

Spyder said...

not keen on avocado, but the rest sounds nice! So a salad sandwich is only lettuce over there?!? Noooo Mine had Philadelphia soft cheese, a bit of cheddar, (but hubby had that in his) tomato, lettuce, salad cream, a tiny sliver of spring onion and cucumber...no added salt! T with Elizabeth is quite more-ish!

(LYn))

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I sure love the looks of that quesidilla. And I'm a BIG fan of avocados, too. I make mine very similar to yours, too.

Made my mouth water. Now I want to make some because I just happen to have an avocado or two in my fridge!

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, you have to stop making me so hungry!! I love this! Thanks for the recipe! 22 years!! Congrats ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

voodoo vixen said...

Oooh thank you, I'll have a slice of that! It looks yummy! You can't be that late... its Wednesday her in Australia!! LOL Annette

Nan G said...

Pleased to meet you Craftymoose! Lovely lunch you're serving. Wish I could join you (onion allergy tho). Hope to see you at WOYWW tomorrow. Hugs

girlunwinding said...

You know what would go good with your quesadilla? the margarita from MY post, LOL!!
Glad you are joining in for T Tuesday
~Dawn

~*~Patty S said...

ummm you are making me hungry with guacamole on top :)
oxo

Marianne said...

I think a Quesadilla would make a nice midnight snack. Thanks for the inspiration. Wish I had a margarita to go with it.

Happy Tuesday !

Jenny Woolf said...

That looks like a great lunch, I would not have considered guacamole for some reason. I will give it a try!

Maudieroff Roffey said...

Thanks for the quick guacamole recipe - my blogger issues finally rectified themselves - as all techy things usually do with no idea why what or how LOL - have a great week - see you next T for Tuesday... Mxx

Flowermouse Design said...

How wonderful to learn a little more about you!! And your lunch looks just soooo yummy!!!

Halle said...

Love getting to know other bloggers. It's always fun to go a little deeper than the cool art. :)
Have a wonderful week!

see you there! said...

Enjoyed you "get to know me" post. Always fun to know a bit more about the people we visit with nearly every day. I'd join you for lunch if I could, looks delicious.

Darla

MaggieC said...

Your recipe looks and sounds delicious. I have only once had avocado, and that was with prawns in a posh hotel in the Derbyshire Dales - very tasty. Thank you for your visit and your lovely comments. I do feel that a wall built on top of a wooden fence is doomed to disaster in real life, though. Have a lovely week. xx Maggie

Melissa said...

nummers...

IrelandBrady said...

Oooooooooooooh Save me a piece! Love Quesadillas! Thanks for the quick Guac recipe! <3

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

I missed lunch again???? These look so good. I think this is what I am making today.
Have a great Thursday
Nicole/Beadwright