Tuesday, July 23, 2013

T Stands For Tuesday

I am joining in on T Stands For Tuesday again this week and extend thanks to Bleubeard and Elizabeth for hosting. There is not an awful lot going on in my life at the moment, so I thought I would share one of my favorite lunches for a hot summer day...a veggie wrap. While I am not a vegetarian, I realized that I eat quite a few meatless meals without even thinking about it.
I start with a high fiber, low fat (110 calorie) roll up and pile up whatever I have handy in the refrigerator. This one includes a bed of shredded lettuce, sliced fresh cucumber, tomatoes, onions and pepper rings. I added some homemade marinated roasted red peppers, feta cheese, and a tablespoon or so of cucumber dill yogurt dip. Sometimes I add marinated artichokes; sometimes not. I can't show it rolled up, because it takes more hands than I have to keep it closed & take the photo! Paired with a tall glass of Blueberry iced tea, and I am set to craft the afternoon away!

Click on the button in my right sidebar to visit the other participants of T Tuesday!

17 comments:

see you there! said...

Yum! Wraps are handy ways to combine a bit of this and a bit of that aren't they? This looks particularly tasty.

Darla

Melissa said...

Looks yum! I too am not vegetarian but eat many meat free meals.

girlunwinding said...

Blueberry iced tea! that just sounds so yum to me right now. And your lunch? hmmm, has me thinking about what I will be having--
Have a wonderful T today
~Dawn

voodoo vixen said...

Oh yum! Can I join you for lunch as that wrap looks totally delish!! :) The blueberry ice tea sounds nice too... for a summer's day, but its winter here and night time... so maybe stick to my cup of tea!! Annette #1

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

Looks like a very healthy lunch! I love those roll ups. :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Well, dear Debbie, I AM a vegetarian, and I love the looks of that veggie wrap. It's also a great way to get rid of some veggie leftovers. Of course, I love roasted red peppers, so that would make my mouth happy. Paired with blueberry tea, and you have a really awesome lunch.

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks really yummy! Hugs, Valerie

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

The all American wrap you can put anything on a tortilla. Happy Tuesday
Nicole/Beadwright

Marianne said...

Well now I know what I am having for lunch.
Happy Tuesday !

Krisha said...

Well, I'm late for Tuesday T, but is it lunch time already? LOL That veggie burrito looks yummy. I find I eat more veggies and less meat in the summer, guess it is because it is so hot here in the summer. I've not tried blueberry tea, love blueberries so I will have to give that a try.

Beverley Baird said...

Looks delicious! have never tried blueberry iced tea - will have to try it.

~*~Patty S said...

Blueberry iced tea sounds perfect and your roll up is fabulous too! great shape of the wrapper too!

Happy T day
oxo

Divers and Sundry said...

your wrap looks great! it's makin' me hungry ;)

Maudieroff Roffey said...

Yummy - sounds delish - so much healthier than my vegemite sandwich [vegemite is a yeast extract] but at least I am getting my vitamin B... and blueberry iced tea sound yum too... hope you have a fab week - Mxx

Magic Love Crow said...

I'm hungry! Can I come over for lunch ;o) My butt is so soar from gardening today! I guess that is a good thing! LOL! Hugs ;o)

Gloria said...

I like a good salad and this one looks delish. Your watermelon glass is cute!

Miss Val's Creations said...

This looks delicious! I am a vegetarian and always looking for new ideas. Marinated artichokes sound tasty for a wrap!