Monday, July 1, 2013

Purple Roses & Happy Mail

Hi Everyone! First, I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! Hope you enjoy a wonderful, safe day!

Many of you may already know that purple is my favorite color. Well, I received a custom order for purple roses so you know I had a lot of fun creating this arrangement:

I liked the mixed purple roses so much I decided to mix up some more and make a mixed purple butterfly:
I also want to show off some happy mail sent to me by Stacy of MagicLoveCrow. Most/all of you probably already know Stacy paints beautiful ACEOs of crows.

This one is no exception! The background of feathers and the crow itself are totally awesome! I love it Stacy--thanks so much!

I am really getting frustrated with blogger--what is it with the "wildlife" photos? I don't know what I am doing wrong since the rose photo came out just fine. Hope I can figure it out soon. In the meantime, enjoy the almost life-size photos, LOL!

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your roses are gorgeous. Lovely gifts from Tracy, too. Hope you soon get your probs sorted! Hugs, Valerie

They Come Along said...

Those purple roses are so pretty. I like how they are a darker color than the vase. They both really compliment each other. Love the butterfly. Happy mail indeed. Super lovely ACEO you got from Stacy.

I'm going to email you through blogger to maybe help with your huge photos.

Flowermouse Design said...

Amazing work with the purple beads. Just perfect - and what a nice gift from Stacy!!!! Really strange about blogger....

see you there! said...

Purple roses are beautiful. Isn't it fun to get art in the mail? Really like the crow.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

I am laughing about your large pictures, sorry! LOL! "Wildlife photos! LOL! You are so cute! Deb, I love your purple roses!!!! They rock girl! You should make some for your shop and the butterfly is fantastic!! A++++ Happy Canada Day ;o) Hugs ;o)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

I really like Stacey's art. She is special and so are your purple roses. Wow.
OK we only got two days of hot sunny days. We are back to crap days. LOL
Nicole/Beadwright

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Awesome butterfly. I liked how you paired it with the plant, too.

I wasn't familiar with Stacy's art. But I sure like that crow.

As for your life sized photos, are you clicking on "original," or something else when you load your photos? And you might want to look at them in "preview" before posting to see if they need editing. Not sure if that will help, because I've had so much trouble with blogger, myself. I'm probably the last person to give blogger advice (grin).

Gloria said...

I don't need my glasses for this one, ;0 Your roses are exceptional, just beautiful! The butterfly will really glow on the wall from the light and all the colors. Stacy's headdress crows are rocking it again, love that attitude.

Elizabeth's suggestion might be something to doublecheck. It could be an "original" versus other size issue. Hope that works for you.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh that purple is just lovely! So fresh for summer.

Have a very happy fourth of July!

Bluebell Woods said...

I love Magic Love Crow.....and I came here because of her post. I will follow you and go on to your Etsy shop. Love beadwork
Janice