Wednesday, July 10, 2013

IA Challenge-Words

It has been awhile since I have had time to participate in any challenges, but I could not pass up this week's Inspiration Avenue challenge. I love using words in my art, especially when I make ACEO's. If you are not familiar with them, ACEO stands for artist cards, editions and originals. They are small works of art in any media, the only criteria being they measure 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". So, here is what I came up with...words and my favorite subject-Flowers:
I came across another piece of this pretty patterned cardboard which I embellished with stamps, rub-ons, paper, and a resin flower.  It may be hard to read in the photo, but the quote is by Oliver Wendall Holmes: "The Amen to nature is always a flower.

If you have time, stop by and see all the other entries this week. Just click on the link above.

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Really very beautiful and I love how you have placed the words! Hugs, Valerie

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Wow Deb this is absolutely beautiful!!! I mean really beautiful.
Nicole/Beadwright

see you there! said...

Terrific. I really like the quote and the way you used it.

Darla

Flowermouse Design said...

Wow - amazing work. Words are such strong messages when added to art!!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Gorgeous! I love the depth you created with all your layers. Blessings!

Linda said...

really beautiful Deb!

Jez said...

This is a very attractive flower picture and I really like the diagonal across the image, it looks so real and adds great depth. The OWH quote fits in so well. An enjoyable card, so pleasant to look at more than once.

Magic Love Crow said...

Very pretty Deb! I love all the colors and the words are beautiful! Hugs ;o)

Lou Anne said...

It's good to see you back at IA. I love your ACEO. I just came across that quote earlier today. You've done a beautiful job with it.

Christine Bennett said...

Glad you found a couple of pansies to put in there! :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Like you, I haven't had time for challenges. But this one looks fun. And you did a superb job meeting the challenge with your awesome ACEO.