Thursday, July 25, 2013

IA Challenge-Show & Tell

This week, Inspiration Avenue is using the theme of "Show & Tell". I don't remember if I have shown this before, but this is a spirit doll that I made awhile back.
The bear mask, hands & feet are polymer clay. The head & body are fabric. I beaded those tiny little moccasins myself as well as the breast plate that I intended to look like hornpipe beads. The hooded robe is part of a rabbit pelt I have had for so long--I don't even remember where I got it. All of the clothing is handmade by me--I even made the fabric that I used for the pants. I started with plain muslin and added all sorts of paint, glues, etc, to make it look like leather--I'll never be able to reproduce it because I didn't write it down!

This is one of the projects that I am most proud of. Thanks for stopping by!

If you have time, click on the link above and see what everyone else is showing!

14 comments:

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

wow! I love how the faux leather turned out! The attention to detail and the fact that you made everything is just amazing.

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, this is amazing!!! Truly!!! Wow!! So much detail, so much work!! This little guy will be cherished forever! I really love him! If you ever make one for your shop, let me know, wink ;o) LOL! Big Hugs!!

Gloria said...

Deb, this is fabulous. What is the meaning of using a bear? You did a stellar work of art with all the details and making muslin look like leather. (He'd be great on More With Four, too.) He's a real treasure!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is incredible. I like how you painted the fabric that you used for the pants, and the beads you strung for the breast plate. You did a fantastic job.

Valerie-Jael said...

FANTASTIC!! You have every right to be very proud of this wonderful creation! Hugs, Valerie

Flowermouse Design said...

Truly impressing work with all those little details. I love those tiny moccasins!!! Have a lovely weekend Debbie!!!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

You did a fabulous job on this totem bear. I love how you worked each element to bring this all together. The pants are amazing. Well done Debbie.
Nicole/Beadwright

Christine Bennett said...

That's amazing Debbie! So many details and I love the face. How long did this take?

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Christine, I didn't plan much ahead of time and made rough patterns as I went along. It probably took the better part of a week to make & assemble everything!

see you there! said...

What an amazing piece. I see a side of your art I haven't seen before. What else is hiding?

Darla

Lou Anne Hazel said...

This is really wonderful! I loves seeing this piece because it contrasts so much with a lot of your other work. I'm amazed at the way you created the parts, especially the "leather" pants.

Beverley Baird said...

Such detail! Love your piece!

Maggie said...

This is exquisite! I love that you have hand-made everything...the care you put into this doll really makes it special. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Melissa said...

I can completely see why you are proud of it - very detailed work!!