Thursday, July 11, 2013

APR-Bookmark & More Ivy


This week the challenge at Artist's Playroom is to create a bookmark.  Mine is fairly simple made on a double thickness of watercolor paper.  I'm not sure if you can actually see the texture, but I applied tissue paper which crinkled nicely.  On top of this I glued a feather &  a quote inspired by a book I was reading..."The tracks in the snow tell the story".  The book was Hard Reset  by John Edward White. Here is a close up of the writing:

Of course, I have to have a beaded project to show, too...
Remember the gold ivy I made?  We here it is in mixed greens!

Hope you are all keeping busy and staying cool!

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your bookmark, and the ivy is wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from the APR - Your bookmark is inspired and your Ivy is fantastic :0)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Give me feathers any time. This is awesome!!
Nicole/Beadwright

Jez said...

How strange - I have not had much time and so I used an unused print of a feather to make a bookmark! I do prefer your version though!
And your beaded ivy is lovely, so original.

Magic Love Crow said...

This bookmark is very special Deb! I love it! The mixed green ivy is beautiful! Big Hugs ;o)

Meenart said...

Wonderful! The feather is very good idea and beautiful.

see you there! said...

I like feathers so you bookmark hit the spot with me. How is the book?

The green ivy is really nice, in fact I prefer it to the gold.

Darla

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Every time I see a feather, I have to stop and pick it up. I love them, too. And it seems to go perfectly with the book you are reading at the moment. Awesome.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Every time I see a feather, I have to stop and pick it up. I love them, too. And it seems to go perfectly with the book you are reading at the moment. Awesome.

They Come Along said...

Your bookmark is really lovely and the ivy too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

Rita said...

The bookmark is amazing! A real feather is so unique. And I can't believe the fern is made with beads. Wow! They're both beautiful. :)

Spyder said...

Your bird is fabulous, I love it!! Yes, I'm painting EVERY thing in that sage green at the moment. Sage Green is the new Iris blue...which is what it used to be! My coke has now been refreshed with a dash of white rum...my mocha's gone cold!
Happy T Day!
((Lyn))

Melissa said...

Love the bookmark - nice work!!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I so love your bookmark! :) And that beaded ivy is gorgeous!