Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Showers!

Hi Everyone! We are alternating between rain and sun here, but at least it has cooled off a bit with a nice breeze. Perfect weather for crafting inside since it is too wet outside.

While shopping for a Bridal Shower present Monday, I was amazed to find that a lot of the typical kitchen items that one might purchase no longer come in boxes. Like those wonderful baking dishes with glass lids--you know, the ones where the name is synonymous with the product. Really? Put one of those in a bag & they will likely come right through! Other hard to wrap items...pizza stones, fruit/bread baskets, mixing bowls. Well, the item I purchased did not come boxed either, but the store gave me a generous size bag that it would fit in. Solid white...boring! So yesterday, I browsed Pinterest and came up with this idea.

It may be hard to tell because of the glare from the flash, but I used some of that pretty fabric gifted to me by Valerie for the umbrella. I made some layered flowers using scissors that cut with fancy edges and topped each one off with a button. Since the girl getting married is a teacher, I themed the buttons to match: pencil, ruler, apple. It seemed to need a little something, so I added the apple with the little chalkboard that says "Bride To Be".

I like the bag much better now!

12 comments:

Gloria said...

This is a keepsake bag, and the umbrella is right on target with the weather and the theme! Great idea, Deb.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is beautiful, great idea! Hugs, Valerie

They Come Along said...

We got the same weather here. Rain then sun rain then sun. I just love how you decorated the gift bag, such a great idea. Enjoy your day.

Flowermouse Design said...

Such a great idea!!! I love this. And we could really use an umbrella. It has been raining ALL day..... Nice knitting weather by the way :-)

Melissa said...

Lovely - the sparkle is great!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Clever idea. I had NO idea kitchen items no longer come in boxes. Guess it's been THAT long since I've bought something like that!

BTW, if it rained here, it might cool things off. It's a nightmare of heat in my part of the country right now. Record highs being set every day.

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

You came up with an awesome presentation. I am so sick of rain, humidity and heat in Va. They are calling for damaging storms tonight with possible tornados. Weather is crazy! ;-)

see you there! said...

You came up with a very clever way to decorate the bag for the shower. I like ideas like this.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

This is so adorable Deb! Well done! I agree, there are so many things that don't come with boxes any more. I wonder if it's a way for them to save money???

AntiquityTravelers said...

what a fun design, and personalized - perfect

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Ah the new bride is showered in happiness I'm sure!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

I know, almost nothing comes in a box anymore. Great idea to customize a boring white bag! Love the little bride to be teachers apple too.