Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ivy-not poison!

This week has found me acting like the meaning of my name...busy as a "bee"! With the anticipation of more weekend guests, I thought it was time I cleaned the house. Now with Hurricane Andrea making her way up the eastern seaboard promising us rain starting tonight through the weekend, I suspect the guests will come another time. Darn...I could have been crafting! The second batch of cucumbers didn't make it after I planted them so that end's this year's gardening attempt. I have about five gourd plants that I planted--they look good, so we'll see.

Yesterday, the core members of my oil painting class (which was disbanded over a year ago) met up at the teacher's house for a reunion of sorts. It was sad to see that both he and his wife are beginning to fail, or I should say their bodies are. After all, he is 90 and she is 92. Still, we all had a fun couple of hours after which he gifted us all with one of his paintings.

My latest project is french beaded Ivy in gold beads--a custom order for the same person who requested the golden ferns:



These were really fun and a little addictive to make--I can see some green one finding their way into my shop soon!

12 comments:

see you there! said...

The weather can make us change our plans can't it? I really like your beaded ivy and think I'd like it done in green too.

Darla

Valerie-Jael said...

Your ivy looks great! Glad you had a fun-time with your group, and think how nice it is when everything is clean and tidy again! Hugs, Valerie

Flowermouse Design said...

Those are beautiful and such a good thing that they are not poisoned!!! Hope you will be safe from that hurricane Debbie!!!!

AntiquityTravelers said...

such detailed work! and so pretty - it looks fantastic!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh you could stick these in so many different arrangements. How fun!

Jenny Woolf said...

That's really pretty. And so versatile.

Gloria said...

Hope the hurricane is easy on you, not too much rain and winds.

Isn't that sometimes the way it is, our bodies wear out before the mind- lots of ideas and no strength to continue. I'm glad you had such a good visit, sounds like they were happy to have all of you with them.

A free bottle of Calamine Lotion with your Ivy! Not necessary, lol.

IrelandBrady said...

Oh wow Debbie ... your ivy is just gorgeous ...

Magic Love Crow said...

Your latest special order is gorgeous! I would love to see this woman's house! Well, now that you have a clean house, you can start crafting ;o) I hope you don't get hit too hard with the rain! That is sad about the couple, but I guess that is life. Very touching they gave you a painting ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful work as always. As of this writing I am so sick of rain. I think I will need a boat to get around soon! :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your weather and mine are similar, but I've had lightening with my rain, so I've had the computer offline more than online this week. I hope your plans didn't get shattered too badly, because I love those Ivy leaves. They are stunning.

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Very pretty, I can't wait to see the green version. Sorry about your garden- it's been a bad spring and early summer so far. Too much of one thing and then too much of another.