Monday, June 24, 2013

7 French Beaded Flowers

7 flowers, 245 florets, 6,860 beads and lots of wire later, I finished my next custom order:
Modeled after Queen Anne's Lace but shaped a little more like domes per the customer's request.

I think last week was the first time in awhile that I did not blog at all. Thank you for all the nice comments on the bag I decorated for the bridal shower--it was a big hit, and my daughter & I really had a great day.

The next book in the Friesen Project is Birds--one I know I will enjoy. Hopefully, I'll have something to show a little later in the week.

On a sad note, my last remaining aunt is now in hospice care. I've been trying to keep busy and not think too much about what I know is not too far down the road. This is the part of life nobody likes, but we all go through it at some point. Knowing that, comforts me.

9 comments:

see you there! said...

Another wonderful beading job. Sorry to hear about your aunt, it hard to let go of the older generation.

Darla

Valerie-Jael said...

OMG, this is totally and absolutely fantastic - WOW!!! Hugs, Valerie

Gloria said...

These are gorgeous!

Know what you mean about not wanting to think about her nearing the end. With each anniversary, I try to think of the happier times and not dwell on the suffering. They are going/have gone before us, and we will have joy again.

Hugs.

Flowermouse Design said...

I am so sorry about your aunt Debbie. I often think that the love we have for someone also gives us grief when life ends. You are in my prayers.
I love the flowers - very very!!!! Hugs!!

AntiquityTravelers said...

lovely! Queen Anne's lace is such a pretty summer flower - just love it!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

These are stunning!!!!! I mean really stunning.
Nicole/Beadwright

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi Deb ;o) Your latest custom order is stunning! I love the colors!
Please take care! I am sorry for your Aunt!!!

Melissa said...

Unique and lovely - I love Queen Anne's Lace.

Cindy Adkins said...

I love these, Debbie! Queen Anne's Lace is so lovely and one of my favorites. I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. I know how difficult it is.
Hugs, Cindy