Friday, May 17, 2013

What's been keeping me busy

Hi Everyone! This week has been so busy! Thank you for all the nice comments about our daughter's graduation. For those of you who remembered when we first took her to college...don't worry, time has not passed quite as fast as you think! She actually completed a double major in Psychology & English in three years, not four. Or five, as the man sitting next to me in the stadium lamented to me about his daughter! We originally had not planned to attend the University ceremony last Friday evening since she originally only planned to attend her individual college ceremony. Well, as kids sometimes do, she called us 8 am Friday morning & asked us to come up because she had changed her mind. With five colleges in the area all holding graduation the same weekend, there was little chance of finding a nearby hotel room, so we stayed in her dorm room with her. I did not go away to college, so this was a fun experience for me. 5,500 kids graduated--thank goodness they didn't read all the names at this! On Saturday, we went to a reception given by the Psychology Dept--she had worked as an adviser for two years and then on to her individual college ceremony to see her walk across the stage. Add to this that we also had to move her out, and you can imagine how tired I was by the time we got home!

I spent the bulk of the week working on a large custom order for the fern leaves that I showed in an earlier post. Here they are, just finished today:


Taking a deep breath now before I try to catch up with some clay work! Have a happy creative weekend everyone!






14 comments:

Deb said...

Congratulations to your daughter that is awesome

Valerie-Jael said...

So glad it all went well with your daughter's graduation, she seems to be a clever and industrious lady! Well done to you to for being with her and helping her. The ferns are just out of this world, love them

Have a rest now! Hugs, Valerie

Salem Witch Child said...

Congrats for your daughter, and for you! Way to go mama. :)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Such a busy bee! My congratulations to the graduate! I adore the necklace you created in the previous post. Lovely!

AntiquityTravelers said...

how wonderful! congratulations to your daughter, and so wonderful that you could share that with her. Your leaves are really something!

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

So glad the graduation went well. Over 5,000 names, that's a lot. My daughter's had over a 1,000 and they read every one, it took over 3 hours!!!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

I am so glad you were able to go and stay in the dorm. How fun. I know you are a proud mama and well you should be.
Nicole/Beadwright

Gloria said...

Glad that you had such a fun and busy time up there. On to the next adventure for your daughter, she's going to continue to shine!

Get some rest ♥

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Deb, really take a deep breath!! Wow girl!! You have been rockin!! So happy everything went well ;o) Love the custom order!! I can't believe she is ordering more! LOL! I will e-mail soon ;o) I hope! LOL! Big Hugs ;o) Sleep well!!

Magic Love Crow said...

I forgot to say, tell Christie she is fantastic!!!

Melissa said...

So fun for you that you got to go to your daughter's graduation.

The fern leaves are gorgeous! I wonder what your customer will do with it?

Flowermouse Design said...

Gosh, some really hard days. But then again, you have a wonderful daughter and so skilled!!!! You are both blessed. Good luck with your order - and please take care of your self in between!!!!! Big hugs :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I apologize that I'm so late getting here.

For my Bachelor's degree, there were no individual schools passing out diplomas. Everyone walked across the football field and were told no heels on the field. I opted for high top tennis shoes. I guess I should have mentioned, my undergrad school had no Master's or Ph.D. programs while I attended.

When I got my Ph.D., only the Master's and Ph.D.s names were read by school. The undergrads graduated from their specific school, the same as at your daughter's uni.

I never lived in a dorm, so I had no idea about dorm life until I made friends with a few undergrads at Wichita State. I'm glad I didn't live in a dorm. I've never been one to keep a very tight schedule, so I would have driven a dorm/room mate crazy.

It's good your daughter's back home safe and sound, and it's nice that you are taking a bit of a break. I bet it will be good for both of you, too.

Those fern leaves are phenomenal. Color me impressed.

Christine Bennett said...

Big congrats to your daughter!